Trading the Trend with Strong/Weak Analysis

I included the last 3 weeks of Friday closes, this shows lots of choppy action

Experience is not a good thing in this market as nothing is acting as it has in the past. Yen likes to swing from Strong to weak and back to strong, so I would expect the next swing in the yen to the down side. But if it is a weak move lower then I would use that weakness to go long Yen

That sounds like a plan. I think the markets had enough of bad news and are fleeing to safer instruments. Gold + JPY might be a good play after they consolidate.

Edit: GBPJPY looks like a good play.

Down day for Yen but with US markets closed I would not read too much into it

GBP has been one of the weaker currencies this year so shorting GBPJPY after a pull back might work

When I saw the DOW was up 200 I would had bet the farm that the Yen was getting beat up, but to my surprise Yen was top currency on the day

EURGBP is one of our better trends in an other wise choppy market, looks good to keep moving higher, Two year old resistance at 0.8000

I guess people are really expecting bearish times and are not budging from safer instruments. Adds weight to gold (excuse the pun) + JPY.

Another strong day for US stocks but our currencies reversed yesterdayā€™s action.

CAD jumps to #1 that should tell you oil is still in rally mode, funny thing is gas prices here have moved lower as oil has moved higher

The back and forth action continues

Here is a great chart illustrating how waiting for price to pull back to 200 moving average gave multiple entry signals this week

My current Strong Weak rankings with the previous 2 weeks

Here is my latest trading video, If you like what I am doing here please subscribe to my youtube channel, your comment and suggestions are also welcome

Iā€™m looking at CADJPY - might be due time to retrace.

Strong day for Commodities , weakness across Europe

Tomorrow will be an important day for US stocks with price just below the 50 day moving average, closing above the 50 day on volume and the rally should continue, a reversal at the 50 day on volume could send us to new yearly lows

Not a pair I normally play but take a look at shorting EURCAD

Will do buddy.

Wish I got in GBPJPY when I called :frowning: Only just developed an automated trending strategy. Wouldā€™ve got in short at 10/02. Such is lifeā€¦

as I kind of expected US stocks rejected the 50 day moving average and sold off, that meant Yen rallies

Pound is just ugly this year so shorting GBP with anything on any rally is a good play

You may be interested in listening to this short interview today with Ashraf Laidi. He discusses the weakness of the GBP.