Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Top SW trade NZDCAD scored 94 pips on its first full day as our Top Trade, good start as it has been a long time since we had a fresh new trade to talk about

Congrats Neil, love to hear all the ways different traders on making money using my rankings

2 Likes

Watching for a pullback on NZDCAD to get in long.

I’ve entered into a NZDCAD long.

4hr showing some consolidation and no real further movement lower. Entered with a stop of 50pips below the structure point.

Sharing a NZDUSD trade i’ve also entered after a pullback on the daily to structure. 1:1R of 80pips. Chart is 4hr

I’ll add another thumbs up too Dennis.
I’m sure there are more than a few newbies grateful for the heads up your work delivers.
At the very least it offers them a focus point to further develop their awareness & preparation skills.

Coincidently one of the op’s was discussing the New Zealand Dollar in relation to the CAD + 2 other strong performers in this thread 2 days ago, remarking that exponents should have had that at the top of their hit list for a while.

I’ve dialled back through your thread Dennis & cross referenced the recommends from that one where applicable, & more often than not you’re both usually in agreement with at least 2 or 3 top performers.

1 Like

No trade for myself today on the NZDCAD so far. The CAD has slightly more strength today then the NZD.
NZD = 32.2% Versus CAD = 56.4% - No trade until one is above 70% and other below 30%

You need a lot of patience in forex though and its time will come.

Yup. I’ve been stung on NZDCAD! Poloz speech has helped CAD strengthen!

May I ask, how did you calculate those percentages?

I use this true currency strength meter. The best I have ever seen… I only use the power setting on today’s candle (Setting 1 on the D1 timeframe)

Not sure if I can post it here but take a look. By using Dennis’s rating I wait until one is high and the other low. Above 70 and below 30 and buy/sell even if it goes against Dennis’s highest/lowest as we all know what goes up must come down again. This means I can just concentrate on one pair per day.

No Trade today though even though the CAD went above 90… The NZD stayed about the 55% proving it wasn’t that weak against other currencies

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/23932

hey! much appriciated, the prompt reply, I will take a throughout look :slight_smile:

I would love to read some clarification though how do you apply this indicator, with Dennis’ SW analysis?

Was NZDCAD a one day wonder, complete reversal of yesterdays gains. The whole market is in a tight consolidation with lots of counter-trend rallies, also keep in mind New Zealand has been the years weakest currency and this rally on a year to date has only moved it to #7 just ahead of the US dollar. One day does not make a trend, let’s see what tomorrow brings

I just use Dennis’s rating and take the strongest and weakest from Dennis’s rankings. This means I can just concentrate one of currency pair per day.

So today (Thursday) it would of been the NZD v CAD - If by using the other currency strength meter. If one is the strongest and the other the weakest I buy/sell that pair.
Today the CAD reached a rating of 90 which is extremely strong but the NZD rating was about 55% mostly all day which means it was neither strong nor weak. So no trade even though the CAD dropped alot.

Still testing it but no trade today but had 3 out of 3 winners so far. Over 900 pips. Still testing it out and trying different settings but I ALWAYS only give a rating to today’s candle. Im not interested in the past candles.

At the time of posting this the NZD = 29.8% and the CAD 55.1% - The Hoping tomorrow the NZD takes off again. We will see.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Many thanks for taking the time to answer, that clarifies a lot.

Well I brought the NZD against the CAD and was $500 up and the Oanda servers went down… Typical with no stop loss. If it crashes I’m doomed.

OK back to ADS Securities London MT4 after I get some sleep. Wish me luck it keeps going UP!!

Fingers crossed for you, but what the hell, how unreliable those are…

I was recommended them. Never again I tell you. I’ll stick to ADS securities from now on. Reliable and very small spreads and a CDN.

Arghhh how the NZD lost power through the night. Oh well, live and learn.

Overnight CAD and Yen were strong ( Robin strong) with GBP weak.

Here is the year to date numbers, Euro remains on top but has gone sideways last two months, USD and NZD are weakest but well off their 2017 lows.

Just a tight market, we need someone ( like Spain) to threaten to default or leave the EU to shake things up. I know that sounds terrible but it is the way the world money supply works

Top SW update

Top SW trade NZDCAD came back today and even inched out a new high, what happens Monday is anyone’s guess but the power of my top trades keeps winning out

1 Like