Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

this has nothing to do with this method.

@thelegend67, Oh yes it does… pay closer attention…

Buy when it’s weak or Sell when it’s strong Strategy…

Auzzie remains strong, just pick your poison for weakness, USD, CHF or EUR

2 Likes

this method is exactly opposite of that. we buy when a currency is strong. we sell when it is weak. NOT “ Buy when it’s weak or Sell when it’s strong Strategy…

You can do a position trade depending on your volume. For example, you can buy EURAUD now and wait for a time when the EUR will be stronger than the Aussie.

I think this is what @Trendswithbenefits will like us to see. I see it.

@thelegend67, EURJPY… 180 pip uptrend over the last 5 days… with more upside looming.

EURJPY 4 Hour Chart (Above)

Shown numerous times… more than just one way to trade Dennis’s data…

Right now it is AUD against the rest of the World, kind of like China is against the rest of the world, anyone else sees a correlation here

r[quote=“Trendswithbenefits, post:3759, topic:77959”]
Shown numerous times… more than just one way to trade Dennis’s data…
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with being a contrarian and trading against the trend, you just have to be very good a calling the trend change, having two or three losing trades for every winner would be normal but the winners should be big. this type of trading will also need a tight stop loss,

Good luck

1 Like

GBPAUD* is our newest SW Trade, this pair has been on a multi-year climb with some deep pullbacks but none as deep as the current one

1a

NZD took a big hit today, could AUD be far behind

Hey Dennis

Do you think this would be as effective imputting the numbers on a weekly basis at the end of each week for trading with a term horizon of 1-3 months?

Thanks

never tested it

Not much movement in our Top Trades so far this week

hello sir, thank you for the good work you are doing here, pls sir i have not been able to understand how to calculate strong - weak and i would want you to throw more light on it
thanks

Pound weakness might be the play here, looking at some long term charts of current Top Trade GBPAUD and GBPJPY we can see both have room to run lower

1a

1a1

1 Like

Here is a how to video I made , hope this helps

2 Likes

Hi, Dennis. I’ve been doing the strong weak analysis based on the method you provided on youtube but sometimes when I check your chart and compare it to mine, there is some difference. For instance, on May 14, my ranking looks like this:

AUD, USD, JPY, CHF, EUR, CAD, NZD, GBP

but yours is

AUD, JPY, CAD, USD, CHF, NZD, EUR, GBP

I was wondering if the time where you are when you work on your strong weak analysis matters because the 200sma value changes throughout the day. If so, what time of day, if you don’t mind, do you work on your strong weak analysis? Thank you so much!

This could be due to differences in brokers, spreads etc.
The figures do not have match perfectly. You want to see what currencies are relatively strong/weak
So as to narrow down the choice of what pairs to trade and a bias. Of to rejoin the trend of the chosen pair, I will always advise you to buy or sell only after a retracement. Hope this helps

2 Likes

@4ex_trader Thank you for the insight! Yes i always trade after confirmation on a retracement.

I use the Bid price and depending on how my day is going I may figure my SW rankings up to an hour before the close of the daily candle, On the 14th 2 through 7 were pretty tightly packed so not surprising we were a bit off