Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Thanks for the link further up the thread @FOK

1 Like

We started the day with Yen pairs trading higher but that did not last and most were down, Our top-rated currencies are still holding their own, and going long any of the top 3 with EUR, USD or CHF is a play to consider

1a

Closed my GBP/USD and GBP/JPY longs this afternoon before the PM’s speech. Of all the top pairs, GBP/JPY has pulled back against its trend today so that’s where I’ve put a set of buy orders.

3 Likes

I’m late to the game and just got in two days ago. In the green.

KC

1 Like

Hello Dennis / All:
shouldn’t bitcon be falling ? or only a retrace on Daily?
thx in advance,

Top Trade GBPJPY is now up 550 pips from its entry point, Newest Top Trade is GBPCHF, congrats to anyone who go in early and caught today’s 170 pip up move

1a

4 Likes

Bitcoin is going to have large swings that is its nature and trying to play those swings can make you a lot of money or put you in the poor house, I prefer to just buy and hold

1 Like

i was fortunate to buy in at 1.21090. took half off at 1.22579. current stop is at 1.22550. however it is at a resistance level of 1.2839. so i would not recommend buying at the current level. do what you will. if it breaks, then i can easily see 1.33. this thread is the best i have ever found.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that is GBPCHF you are talking about? It’s trading 1.28550 now, you got out at 1.22550, excellent, never go broke taking profits that we all agreed on here.

And your stop of 600 pips away, good thinking, pretty sure that won’t be spiked out but might consider tighten it by 50 pips or so, do what you will.

1 Like

Got in a little late after reading about this method over the weekend, but first go picking a SW pair and a nice little trade on GBP/CHF. Is anyone still long? I was considering moving my target this morning but my limit was hit over night.

EDIT: Going to wait until a retracement to the trend line, or a break and re-test of 1.29 before considering entering the trade again.

1 Like

I only caught the first few days of this bull run as I was already heavily long on AUD and other GBP pairs but I did get a nice return on NZD/CHF.

I’ll be taking another shot after price weakness ends, but I don’t expect to get an entry until Friday, possibly Monday.

2 Likes

My mirror says I should only look for shorts now when good opportunity occures. Good luck anyone!

Aussie looks strong today but will see.

I was looking at this as a potential for AUD/USD.

1 Like

A virtual dead-heat at the top, and the pips keep rolling in

1a

3 Likes

I got in on AUD/USD yesterday at 0.79198.
Also took GBP/CHF at 1.28277.
Hopefully, the trend will continue for both.

1 Like

Your “mirror” says this?

1 Like

Yeah mate, I mean just following my rules. Some began to fall, but unless the HTF is also falling its just a pullback. So I just wait for more confirmation. Opportunity will come :grin:

1 Like

Big down day for stocks that brought USD and JPY up a bit, We saw some reversals today, one day does not make for a trend change but we need to watch for follow through

1a

3 Likes

Yes, it’s often confusing using metaphors; people should just say what they mean.

For example, elsewhere a trader had posted a chart of a trade setup, typical Head & Shoulders. Later, I noticed he had posted about another pair, and said this setup was a “mirror” image of the 1st H&S.

Now, did he mean it was exactly the same, as when you look into a mirror, and the image is side to side, or was it reversed as when the mirror is up to down?

By up to down I mean those pictures where there are mountains and the reverse can be seen in the lake so it appears upside down but still a mirror image right?

So to me, a mirror is not the best way to describe a setup; what do you think?

Then again, much trading can be smoke and mirrors :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes