Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

it looks like you are using the 200 ma from the daily chart, might still work but it will give you different numbers from mine as I use the 200 ma from the 4hr chart

1 Like

Ahhh…Gotcha. Thanks for that.

Slow day, Top SW trade AUDJPY was up a whole 31 pips, for such a slow day I will take it, everything else is consolidating

1 Like

So slow indeed. I hope this is not going to be the norm.

The pips keep rolling in for my top trades, Top SW trade AUDJPY hit a new high +62 pips, and long term Top SW trade NZDUSD ( entered June 2nd) hit a new high of +278 pips

Thanks for keeping this thread and the youtube updates going Dennis. My poor brain can’t accept that these strong currencies will keep going, at what point is it too late to join the trend (I could stop it dead by going long AUD or CAD :slight_smile: ?

Here is a recap video of my current Top Strong Weak Trades, lots of good action, with about 80% of these trades hitting + 160 pips.

Dont forget to like the video, and I will keep these winning trades coming

7 Likes

It is the “Gambler’s Fallacy” that will have you thinking that after a big move up the next move must be down, I follow Newton’s first law of motion “an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.” In markets trends, trends will continue until an outside force does something to interfere with the trend, example would be a central bank changing interest rates.

No one can ever know when a trend will end, so I would say it is never too late to join a trend, but at the same time you don’t want to chase, buying pull backs of strong trending pairs has worked for me. If you feel you are late to the party, there will always be another trade , patients is key

3 Likes

Good to know that you have a new daily thread (used to follow you dailyfx - till they closed it down).
Have been following your videos, but those are only weekly. looking forward to the trade-a-long…

Hi Dennis, thanks for the update.

What are your thoughts on USDCHF?

Yes them pulling the plug on dailyfx was sad as we had a great following there, glad you found me

USDCHF is the inverse of the EURUSD, The Euro is stronger then the Swiss Franc on both YTD and SW rankings, so you will see a bigger move in the EURUSD, The Euro also tends to move to extremes, so when the Euro is strong, more times than not the Swiss will be strong but not as strong as the Euro, same for weakness, when the Euro is weak, the Swiss will be weak but less so. Case in point, this year the Euro has had several runs at both #1 and #8, while the Swiss has not been strongest and only weakest for one day this year. It is for this reason I seldom trade the Swiss Franc

3 Likes

I see, thanks for the insight! Explains why I am also long EUR.

Thanks for the reply, in the meantime I have come to the same conclusion about conservation of momentum :slight_smile: Momentum on CADJPY has run flat, but I’m not in a rush to sell it until it features on the other side of the stong/weak table!

Following the Canadian Bank rate hike price of CADJPY has been consolidating sideways, this looks like a bullish flag, I am looking for this to break higher, but with USD even weaker then Yen, I like CADUSD , both are good trades, we will see which was better in the next week or two

2 Likes

Not much happening today, Top SW Trade short USDCAD was down as much as -57 pips, which means our trade was up +57 pips

2 Likes

Top Strong Weak Trade CADJPY has been moving sideways for 8 days now, but I sure like today’s candle, as long as we do not get a daily close below 88.00 I like this to go higher

2 Likes

Looks like everything was up against the Yen today, Top SW Trade USDCAD inched ahead to +60 pips, we may have to endure a little bit of a pull back before this one gets moving

1 Like

Thanks Dennis. Once i’m allowed to post screen shots, i’ll share some trades i’ve been taking.

All the best.

1 Like

Top SW Trade AUDJPY has tested our faith by being down as much as -100 pips, but a strong candle today has it back in the profit range, like the song says, " you have to know when to hold’em, know when to fold’em" this one may prove to be a hold yet