Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

It’s all been mentioned before, you just didn’t read it.

1 Like

yes ur correct :slight_smile: would u mind sharing ur base sheet? i would love to analyze the data back for patterns in combination with rate cuts/hikes and general fundamentals

and also in combination to 100 and 200 daily emas

Not much change. Low volume yesterday.

Not much change. Low volume yesterday.

August Bank Holiday in the UK.

1 Like

hello everyone i came across this thread the day when Dennis announced that he will be absent and is going for hike. don’t know if that was a bad omen for me.(to not trade). :rofl: . but anyway i went through the thread from the beginning to understand how it works. and I got it.
When i was going through the thread, i saw that the strong weak really give you some pips).but its been like two weeks and the strong weak is not doing any thing. So I wanted to ask some senior traders here that is it me as newbie feeling that market is not moving? and is in like consolidation phase? or is it really like that. Like what is Happening?
Thanks
More Pips to you all.

You just joined August 4, 2024.

Have you completed the BabyPips FX School?

Assuming that you also just started trading, this is not the thread for you, IMHO.

Signals are few and far between; there are no definite rules, so there is no defined system here.

Good Luck

I am undergraduate senior so about to graduate
I would have graduated by now but I started reading this thread along with graduation. I read around 1000 posts from this thread to understand the dynamics.
I started reading it because I already had the idea of trading strong with weak but not in depth but thanks to Dennis and his thread (to you all),I got more information.
also I started in start of July.
But anyway thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

Markets seem to be ignoring RBNZ rate cuts and buying Kiwi anyway.

Agreed with FOK, do the BabyPips FX School and develop your own system.

The SWA analysis isn’t a strategy it’s merely a barometer to help frame your trade.

I try and trade in the direction of a short-term trend (days to weeks) using standard TA, and the SWA analysis is one of the tools I use to see where the buying / selling pressure is focussed.

2 Likes

NZDUSD becomes new top trade

2 Likes

The table helpfully posted by @Emorgan90 is a very “normal” currency table. So what is “normal”? -

• AUD follows NZD
  • EUR is weaker than GBP
  • CAD is USD
  • GBP lives in the mid-field
  • JPY does the opposite of USD

Be cautious of a table which does not reflect these associations, especially if your trades are anti-normal as a result.

1 Like

Have a nice weekend guys

2 Likes

Hi, A golden Tip by @tommor, thanks

Tides are changing

3 Likes

Going on holiday now for few weeks so won’t post SWA

1 Like

USD weakness continues, still some big news these last 2 days of this week.

The USDJPY according to my way of monitoring this method.

2 Likes

1 Like

New top trade GBPUSD. Fundamentals are strong here. Central bank divergence between BOE and Fed. BOE standing pat and not raising rates at their recent meeting. Rates markets only pricing in ~50BPS of cuts before end of year, compared to the Feds 100BPS in the FOMC dot-plot.

The bond yield differentials support this and the difference between the UK and US 2 year and 10 year spread widened by 2BPS and 8BPS respectively.