Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

My bad Dennis. For some particular reason the 200 has swapped over with the 34.

30102018new

On another note, I am trying to get this system to tally with a ‘Pinch and Paunch’ system which does work sometimes but the two systems do not seem to tally together that well at present. Ps, I know it is currently on the daily. The 200 SMA is back on top.

Hi Phil,

I am always interested in seeing others people take on my Strong Weak Rankings, just playing the 1 and 8 together does pretty good but I am waiting for someone to come up with a killer add-on signal that will take our trading here to the next level, let us know how this works out for you

7 Likes

US Stocks gap open higher and are near their daily high as we approach the 1 pm hour, is this the end of the correction or just a head fake. Also note the Yen is strong today, that tells me the Currency market is not buying this move.

What I would like to see from here is price closing the day near it’s high with buyers coming in at the close, continuation tomorrow would be good but even better would be an interday pull back to fill in that gap then reverse higher, that would get me excited about this market, at that point the Yen should selloff

3 Likes

Not a lot of movement today but we did get a new Top SW Trade USDCHF, looking at a years worth of price action we see this pair has been good to us and todays action looks like a breakout

Not what I wanted to see, classic shooting star setup, we are almost certain to fill that gap, the only question is will the buyers come in to keep us from hitting another low

1 Like

Big move today in AUD and NZD as reports of China/US trade war ending. But is it true? This gives us our 4th new Top SW Trade of the week NZDCHF, this has been in a nice up trend starting mid September, look for overhead resistance at the daily 200 ma

2 Likes

Weekly candle is starting to look very bullish

2 Likes

very different chart from a week ago, a surge in NZD and AUD could mean the market expects a US Stockmarket rally, if it happens it will likely be after Tuesday’s elections

5 Likes

Top Trade NZDCHF creeps higher, US markets were mixed as we wait to see which Authoritarian party will control Congress, in either case, the people lose

3 Likes

Big move for NZD, this all happen in the last hour of trading on the daily candle. US stocks also had a strong day suggesting Wall St insiders see Republicans holding both houses

4 Likes

it would seem that you, and wall street are correct on the outcome of most election results this evening

1 Like

incidently, the us/cd looks to be close to a breakout on the 4 hour chart. some resistance at the 1.3170 but could go higher if election results are as you have stated. 1.33 may be in range.

1 Like

Despite calls for recounts and sore losers refusing to concede we seem to have a spit government with the Empire holding the Senate, the First Order taking control of the House and Kylo Ren ( Nancy Pelosi) Will likely be the new Speaker of the House. With Supreme Leader Snoke ( Trump) occupying the White House. There should be lots of lightsaber fights in the coming year

And as scary as all these sound, the market is giving its seal of approval with a big gap open higher.

what more can I say

3 Likes

While stocks are getting a boost from the election, FOREX markets seem less impressed

But our top trade NZDCHF has topped the 100 pip mark

1b

1 Like

NZD is looking very strong here, Top Trade NZDCHF hit a high today of +150 pips from its entry point 4 days ago

1a

5 Likes

All good on Wall St. DOW up over +500 points, all major indexes up over 2%.

This crazy market could be down 500 points tomorrow but if the market acts halfway normal I would expect to see a pullback in the week leading up too and after Thanksgiving , setting the market up for a nice Santa rally ( fingers crossed)

1b

2 Likes

Slow day in most of the markets, FOREX was no exception

4 Likes

Last week was all about the NZD, and the CAD finishes the week edging out the Euro for the #8 spot as oil prices fall, New Top Trade NZDCAD has been moving sideways the last two trading days and we have that big 200 day moving average hoving overhead, break above that and this pair can run.

Last weeks top trade NZDCHF maxed out at +150 pips, keep an eye on this one, it could still have more to give after this pullback is over

3 Likes

Yen rallies as US stocks take a tumble, NZD continues to hold up well but big loser on the day was the Euro, EURNZD* is our new Top Trade, this is are third new trade in as many days

4 Likes