Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

New Top Trade EURNZD* has already lost 1200 pips from its October high, it can still go lower but watch for support as we near 1.6500, we break below that we could go down another 500 pips

3 Likes

nzd cad should be a watch at .9 can get to .9165. nzd chf watch .6819, should have no resistance to .69500.

1 Like

looks like hard resistance around 1.6595 potencial after that to 1.5530. hope it sets up

1 Like

a lot happening in the markets, corrections in Oil prices has the CAD closing in on the #8 spot, US stocks still correcting so why is AUD near the top of my rankings, this should not be unless we are seeing divergence, Same with Gold and Silver, weakness in metals should give us a weak NZD but we have just the opposite

Looking at Top Trade from Friday NZDCAD we have broken above that 200 dma, if this holds look for this pair to keep its uptrend in place

3 Likes

Dennis, where do you get this daily updated currency interest chart??

The Strong Weak Rankings is my own creation

1 Like

Thank you for the timely reply, I get a weekly one that looks just like yours from FX Academy, it is one of my Sunday setuptools for what to trade that week.

Hi Dennis -

This continues to be a fine thread, well done.

Also (maybe blowing my own trumpet) my own market summary agrees completely with your currency rankings.

I have a question and I apologise if this has been put before -
Though I do take account of the bullishness/bearishness of the major currencies today, I do not look at the “trend” of its bullishness/bearishness over recent sessions. If you get say a bullish ranking for a currency, do you moderate this because you see its tendency in the last few weeks has been towards bearish? Would it mean anything anyway?

Many thanks.

Could you give me a link o it?

I expected the NZD and maybe the AUD to do well this week.
Still new, but I estimated that despite weak metals, the strong growth in healthcare employment in NZD would prove too strong, and the AUD is increased due to risk-taking in and the bulls jumping in at a 6 year low Babypips AUD Weekly Reivew.

I traded upward on the NZDJPY pair, but we’ll see how it goes.

BTW, thanks for posting here, I learn a lot by reading your stuff.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have already deleted the current newsletter. But a search and I found an older one at,

I get he newsletter because I am signed up at FXAccademy at Watch. Learn. Trade Forex - FX Academy.com
which is a sub website of DailyForex at https://www.dailyforex.com/

While I don’t follow their tips etc I do trade price action/strength-weakness-support and resistance based on trend following deviation from the mean and reversales again based on deviation to the mean mean revision and when I am setting up my longer term trades on Sunday evening the interest chart is very helpful in determining what to trade. That said my main indicator is the USD index and my trades must be in alignment with indices.

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,

Let’s say I’m bored and wanted to calculate SW Rankings with the H1 time frame to see how it relates to our current H4/200 SMA version, what MA do you recommend I use?

Maybe, just Maybe this will help us enter a little bit earlier. :sunglasses:
A voice in my head is constantly saying “100, 100, 100” :joy:but I don’t fully trust it yet, that’s why I need your input on the subject matter.

Thanks in advance.

We have a three-banger going as all three of our NZD trades are up over 100 pips each

NZDCAD +111
NZDCHF +192
EURNZD* +108

I see lots of posts since I last logged in, thanks for everyones participation, if I need to add anything I will a little later

1 Like

I wonder is someone at FX Academy is a follower of this thread as it sure does look a lot like my Market Analysis. Anyway, this is in the public domain now, and all I care about is making some pip money and helping others do the same

3 Likes

Hi Maximus
You can do a SW ranking on a shorter time frame just by replacing the H4 200 sma with the H1 200 sma, I did this some years ago, it gives you a lot more signals but also a whole lot more false signals. I like my trading a little less nerve racking

2 Likes

My Strong Weak picks are geared more toward swing trading, so you will get some counter trend signals, in those cases you may want to take profits quicker than a trade in a long term trend.
I use the daily chart and 200 ma to determine direction of long term trend

I hope this helps

Yes it does thanks Dennis. I have deleted the 200 from charts but do look back at weekly bar performance over 3mths. This seems to make it complicated enough so an early exit rule seems a good way to acknowledge long-term effects but also manage risk, which after all is the point.

Cheers.

1 Like

Dennis they are not identical and I’m sure calculating the interest variance has been around a long time.

I do have another way to do this based the price action location in relationship to the 200 SMA where a trader builds a chart with the pairs list down the left side and the currencies listed across the to row. Then you would place a 1 or zero in the appropriate currency/pair column based on above or below the 200 SMA.

But I am a lazy trader and that is time consuming work. And the top kine of that chart from FX gets me several hundred pips per month in my Longer Term trades of 16 hours to 3 days and well within my risk limits of 1% per trade and 2% per account total trades.

For me that is KISS to the max!

2 Likes

No need to reinvent the wheel, or do all that work & calculations for 1 hour trade; by the time you do that, the move is over.

Do as thousands of other traders do, watch a real time, online strength meter, this is one of the best -

IF 100 pips into a trade are simply amazing, what is a 300 pips trade? a 400 pips trade? a 700 pips trade?