Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Dennis, do you then get the percentage of change (assuming that si what the % is) by calculating the difference from the previous days open or close?

Hello Dennis,

Sorry for asking this again, I dont really get where do you take your values from. If you don’t mind, i hope you can help me a little bit of this.
New york session happens 1pm-9pm GMT.

For example. Today, 21 November 2018
At 9PM today, New York Session closes, so you transfer right away to 4HR chart and then get the values of your EMA and price? Also which price, Is it bid or the ask price?

After taking the rankings from 21st , do you use it to trade on the 22nd?

Thank you Dennis.

Hello again Dennis, I just read that the price is based on the daily timeframe so i have this as an example for the computation, i hope you dont mind.
I have here NZDUSD at Daily TF on November 20 2018

NZDUSD

Are you going to use that closing price of 76.454?

200 MA on 4H
4h
200MA = 75.372 @ 2000H

So for my computation: (76.454-75.372) / 76.454 = 1.53% on 20 Nov
You computation is 2.30% for the NZD.

Is it possible to ask for the figures that you used to compute for the 20th nov of the NZD? I would like to see it on my chart.

And also how do you compute or determine the value of the EMA incase one is late for about 2 or 3 candles at the 4HR timeframe?

Thank you Dennis.

after a couple day pullback top ranked NZD is on the move again, Top Trade NZDCAD topped the +200 pip mark today but then finished wth a pin bar reversal

take the price of the last 4 hour candle of the day that closes at 5 pm eastern time, formula is as follows
Price minus 4hr 200ma divided by Price = % +/-

hope this helps

1 Like

4 hr Chart with 200 ma, my numbers come from 4 hour candle ( circled) that open at 1 pm and closed 5 pm eastern time, I use the closing numbers

1a1

1 Like

all my rankings are using the Yen as the common denominator, so you would compute NZDJPY and USDJPY and the difference of those two would give you % for NZDUSD

hope this helps

1 Like

Here a short video I made a couple years ago that should answer your questions on how I make my SW Rankings

1 Like

This also may help some traders. Although not based on the 4 hour chart like Dennis mentioned.

^Thank you Dennis, very helpful.

1 Like

Thank you Dennis, a little bit clearer now.
Are you using the SMA or the EMA?

I tried using the SMA and get the value based on the candle that you have highlighted. These are my figures, a little different than yours.

21 November 2018
SW

I don’t know which values I got wrong.

I’m short GBP/NZD. Hurray for me!

I had to think about this; is there anyway known to mankind to get a price of the close before it actually closes? NO, so, I guess, yes, he actually has to wait for the candle to close before he takes the reading, wow

quality of these questions definitely makes Dennis look like a mastermind

when I first came to this thread and asked a few questions, they jumped all over me and told me to read the thread; now I see why, these questions answered 1,000’s times already

you guys are lucky, you’re getting the spoon fed answers and breast fed treatment

2 Likes

How’s that working for you? Hooray for me 2!

2018-11-22_22-54-09

1 Like

If you have seen the video, Dennis said the “current price”. Was wondering “what if” the person is late and the candle closed.

Hope you had a SL :flushed:

i did not but lucky i was awake to stop it.

'bout the same as usual but not as bad as sometimes.

Miles off the SL, this isn’t a daytrade.

GBP is just so unpredictable nowadays…
Sorry mate, better opportunities ahead.

1 Like