Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Currently I use the slope of the 50EMA for each pair to tell me if the base currency is bullish or bearish. When a bullish currency is based against a bearish one I give that 2 bullish points: if the bullish currency is based against a neutral currency 1 point and if against another bullish currency zero points.

Each pair can score up to 9 points using my current favourite criteria. The 9 pointers get priority for a trade, plus relaxed entry pattern conditions, and so on down to 6. I don’t generally take trades on pairs scoring 5 or less.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Dennis, is there someplace where you publish your daily Strong Weak chart?
I for one this it is a most helpful tool.

Currently I stick to trading just USD cross and track the DXY very close for my daily analysis.

Unfortunately the S&W I post previously is weekly, I do earn 500-1000 pips trading from it but by mid week it is really outdated.

Hi,

Where can I get the download link for this currency strength meter?

Thanks

Rajandas

You can’t, Dennis posts the Rankings daily after the US close here on this thread.

Usually updates Sunday night from Friday.

Fantastic week for our NZD top trades ( see charts below) but an even bigger week could be coming as GBP weakens and is falling below support. Shorting GBP against your favorite currency is not a bad play here. I will post some setups I am seeing later in the day.

Also, good to see lots of participation on this thread, sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself so it is encouraging to see lots of feedback.

6 Likes

I have seen a few people over the years create a line chart using my SW rankings. It comes down to whatever works for you. I am kind of going in the other direction as I am looking at charts less as they can bias your trading decisions

1 Like

If you are earning 500 -1000 pips in a week you sure do not need my help

1 Like

That’s a perception error, on our part, I think @Dennis3450 - I think a lot of people, myself included regularly follow your thread, but felt that it would be rude to intrude ! - So if you find it encouraging to receive feedback, I’m sure people will be more inclined to contribute :sunglasses:

4 Likes

+1
Completely agree

2 Likes

Of course, we MUST stay on topic, out of respect for the original poster…:wink:

2 Likes

Did we see the beginning of the end of NZD and AUD strength or just a routine pullback after a good run, that is always the challenge to know which. If this is just a pullback then watch for a reversal candle on a shorter time frame chart, I like the 1 hour chart.

2 Likes

Note; I will be on Vacation ( Holiday) November 26 to the 30th and will not have excess to my computer

1 Like

not so Dennis, I’m a rookie and get lucky sometimes. For my LT is I think its beginners luck. However I will not trade LT this week due to such an uncertain market. I look to learn any place I can and I seldom every refuse a question.

1 Like

This is the only place you will find my Strong Weak Rankings

1 Like

I will be looking forward to them.

Strength and weakness is what Forex is all about.

Hello Dennis,

Just want to ask questions regarding the computation of your strong and weak analysis. Do you usually wait for the candle to close at 4H timeframe before computing for the S/W? And also, do you compute for the newyork session close?

Thank you for answering.

Rankings take place Daily at the end of New York session.

NZD weakens a little but continues to have a wide margin hold on the #1 spot, CAD falls back to #8 as Oil prices remain weak, locally I am seeing gas prices down to 2.27 that is lowest I have seen this year.

The stock market continues to get killed but no huge effect on the FOREX market

1 Like

I use the numbers off the 4 hour chart at the daily close so that is 5 pm eastern time,

1 Like