Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

thanks for highlighting that, I missed it, still waiting to hear from the official Forum Police on this matter :rofl:

short term traders are requested to move over here or there

Strong vs Weak

page is our bible over there, mention many times, read the thread

Looking at weekly chart of NZDCAD price action, the seller are rejecting the higher move, be cautious on this pair. .

1 Like

Two trades as per my strategy. :slight_smile:

Looking to Short below the TL.

Buying the RT.

1 Like

Target hit, Still thinks this will break into highs above.

1 Like

Hi, You mind if you share some of your insights on how you trade and choose your pairs?

1 Like

@Sbrandi
Do you mind starting your own thread and posting your trade ideas in it?

Someone already has this one…

3 Likes

@Strays I think I have to agree with @The_Snowman there are 100s of currency indicators and most of them work on the same theory and I would personally put more weight on the price action once I get the direction from the SW. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Maximus_martins What is wrong with me posting my trade ideas on this thread which I have been doing for a long time? I am not trying to sell anything here nor I am deviating the topic of the forum. If you noticed lot of people accused this strategy saying no one trades it and it is just a theory. so I fail to see your problem? Only person who can say this is @Dennis3450

2 Likes

@Jahruhay I dont do anything fancy and complex as you see, I start looking for opportunities in major pairs first and then I go through the rest. Since I trade price action patterns (Penants, Bull Flags and Bear Flags) I look for the quality of the pattern, I have few parameters which define a quality pattern once I locate those I trade it. Having said that I have a full trading plan written down, which I can not explain in few sentences. But 90% of it falls on to the SW values + Pattern Quality. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Maximus_martins I have seen many people come and go on this thread, if you see I dont read nor post on any other topic, this has been my cup of tea for long 4 years. On this thread there are new people who gets excited when they see SW and they dont even bother reading thread, one two weeks later they are gone. And there is another group who think this does not work, there is another group who is trying to constantly make this SW method complex or improve, among all of these people what we lack is actual traders who trades this. This is a very old thread and this SW method runs back to all the way back to Chicago Board of trade.

@Dennis3450 has been posting SW values throughout, new people come and go, critics are going to be here any way. What we need is at least few traders posting statistical data of the system, real trade ideas, analysis of real trades etc. that should be the next step of this thread. There is 2290 replies on this thread but I have not seen a single trading strategy built around SW except for Dennis. Cheers !

:sunglasses::grinning::money_mouth_face::face_with_raised_eyebrow::hugs:

2 Likes

But the thread itself is 2 years and 9 months old :thinking:

Trade Ideas are meant for Dennis. You on the other hand can show RESULTS not “ideas”. People can trade your “ideas” and end up in red and then blame this thread for their misfortune. Perhaps Dennis is too polite to say it.

For the record, I did read ALL of the thread when I joined in.

1 Like

Are you trading based on price action patterns alone after the SW rankings? Is patterns giving you good so far?

1 Like

I read the original journal thread looking for any gems and / or actual trade entry, stop loss, take profit, results plus general information.

At the risk of once again being vilified, I would like to share this with you, especially new members. I shall endeavour to do similar with this thread over the next 2 weeks as trading will be off limits, ho ho ho

TRADING THE TREND WITH STRONG WEAK ANALYSIS (journal).pdf (165.3 KB)

1 Like

@Jahruhay Yes price action patterns, reason I do this is I have a full time job and I can not afford to sit in from of the PC for hours, hence I made my life easier by having the SW programmed and I use a pattern scanner software on 4H charts, and then I quickly skim through these patterns to find the best ones, set my orders and carry on with my work.

And Jahruhay once you know the direction of the pair, 80 % of the trading is sorted. You already have got an edge, then how you enter the market is not that important, it just matter of finding a method to stay in the market without getting your stop hit. How I came up with my strategies is that, I first defined my parameters and then I marked 1000 (or anything near to it) trading opportunities and put it on a file, then I record these on an excel and try to come up with best parameters, a long process but very effective. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Maximus_martins Did you know this thread was on FXCM, hence it was closed down Dennis started one here on babypips? And did you know this method was originally was from an instructor at FXCM ? First article about this method was written in 2011 ?

You don’t get to decide what I can and cannot post, I have been posting trades results and ideas from the very beginning so don’t bother about people blaming the thread, and I am pretty sure no one is stupid enough to put real money based on a picture I post, be real :sunglasses:

And I suggest you read the thread again.

3 Likes

Hello,

Guys I suggest you to watch these videos of Richar Krivo who uses SW and built a complete strategy around it using Dochian Channels and Multiple Time Frame analysis. His whole strategy is discussed on these videos, have a look might help in your trading.

7 Likes

And if anyone wondering what is the strike rate of the strategy mentioned in the PDF, here is it. 5 Years of back test. 200 Pip Stop Loss, at least 200 Pips Target and entered at the market price on the signal day.

USDCHF was at 44% win rate and USDJPY 42% win rate, but both of these pairs had massive moves to cover up their losses. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was a good find @Sbrandi, Hoping someday, somehow you may start your own thread and discuss or share more about on how you trade your pairs. I would be your first follower.

3 Likes

After a 6 week run NZD finally gave up the #1 spot, Our new Top SW Trade is GBPCHF* , this one finished the week in a pullback so maybe it is ready to move lower. GBPUSD* also looks good here.

I see there has been lots of post this weekend , give me a few minutes to read them all and I will reply if needed

3 Likes