Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Where to begin, first it is great seeing so much participation on this thread. Richard Krivo was my inspiration for SW trading from my FXCM days so any system Richard has is worth a look. As far as the other trading system ideas if you can make it work go for it. As far as this thread I will continue to document the SW rankings and follow the progress of each 1/8 pair the rankings give us. My own trading in the coming year will focus on those 1/8 pairs , Our last 4 Top SW Trades all were up over 300+ pips from their entry point,

6 Likes

I said I would take a closer look at these Top SW trade signals and here is our newest GBPCHF short. this pair ended last week looking a bit bullish but we can see on the 1hr chart price has been moving sideways for two days and strong resistance from the 1hr 200ma. you could go short right here or wait for price to break 1.2500 that would reestablish the downtrend. Stop would need to be above the 4hr 200ma some 250 pips away.

This is not a trade recommendatoin, do your own research and analysis

5 Likes

SW signal came after the break of the flag.

• This is not a trade recommendation
2 Likes

Trend Continuation Pattern :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, retracement/pull back and breakout. Way to go sir

2 Likes

Are you still basing your SW rankings on NY close? What TF do you usually trade? 1D or 4H?

1 Like

New TOP SW Trade GBPCHF is still moving sideways

4 Likes

No Santa rally this year, just a big lump of coal

Not to get political ( oh why not) but the 2008 finacial crisis actually started in 2006 when the Democrats took control of congress, we maybe witnessing a repeat of history

2 Likes

@Jahruhay Yes that is correct NY close. Most of the time I do 4H and rarely Daily but nothing below 4H. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A perfect retest with a good stop hunt. I know a trader who makes a living of this set up only.
:slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Missed about 25 pips due to late entry. To any one wondering why I am taking taking trades with less than 1:1 Risk Reward ratio, this is because I have about 80 - 88 % chance of PA reaching the bottom of the channel or PA reaching the flag below. Hence I can do less than 1:1 yet wont be losing money in the long run. :slightly_smiling_face:

“Difference between profitable traders and losing traders is that profitable traders have stats that losing traders don’t have” - Tom Dante

1 Like

Trading the obvious ! :hugs:

Very late entry yet decided to take it as this was a HP Trade. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

@Sbrandi, Thanks. What patterns do you do on your trade usually?

1 Like

I trade Flags (Bull, Bear, Wedge, Pennant).

If you check any book written on trading statistics you will find that these patterns have the highest rate of success (as their formation has a theory behind it and it is vital for big boys to move their massive orders - do some research on line you will find plenty of articles written on this topic) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Will try to search some of it. I noticed your SW indicator changed a lot. Does it calculate not just the daily close?

1 Like

Added few more filters to reduce the noise, but fundamentally nothing changed, and I use a 20 SMA hence value changes bit faster than 34. All the calculations are based on daily close. :slight_smile:

1 Like

New Top SW trade CADJPY* , this has room to drop as it has broken support at 84.00

Yesterdays Top Trade GBPCHF* is still moving sideways, keep an eye on that one

2 Likes

Failed test of good level followed by a weak flag. EURAUD Target hit. :hugs:

3 Likes

Here are SW values done on NY Close on USDCAD using most common SMAs used by retail traders. Except for 5 SMA and 20 SMA rest suggest this pattern should break upwards.

Hi Sbrandi could You tell me were I could learn more about these forex pattern especially the flags You seem to use quite successfully. Thank You and have a good day trading

2 Likes