Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I’m also interested in this information too

1 Like

@Dennis3450 I’ve read in some of your posts that there is a groupings for the currencies namely Commodities, Safe Haven and the European. I just want to ask if it happened that a top SW pair is on the same group, would you trade them? For example the USDJPY which belongs to the safe haven. Thank you Dennis

2 Likes

Technical traders - Avoid GBP next week.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-12/war-gaming-the-pound-on-brexit-vote-suggests-more-wild-rides

EDIT:
Short summary of what may happen

1 Like

Hey Dennis,

What normal charting service do you normally use for Forex charting? Trading view?

1 Like

USDJPY* is our newest Top SW Trade, but currently, the market is in a slow grinding countertrend rally moving against our SW ranking. Be causious here

2 Likes

Hi Rob,
I have always used FXCM Trading Station, but there is currently a glitch in their charts that is throwing the moving averages off, so until that is corrected I am using FX Street for my charting data

2 Likes

I am perfectly find with seeing the Pound go much lower, then next time a EU country defaults on their loans shorting the EURGBP will be a big money maker. The Euro currency is a ticking time bomb,

2 Likes

Sure, and we have that right now with the USDJPY, but these trades tend to not last as long or move as much as say a EURJPY. We have to take what the market gives us and if we don’t like the risk vs reward then their is nothing wrong with passing on it

3 Likes

Not again…

2 Likes

scroll up to 1476

smarter people than you have already checked this theory

all currency give exact same result

or watch the graph on this page, claims to be USD based

FinViz

1 Like

yep thanks guys already answered my own question

1 Like

You mean Dennis is not Japanese…?:chopsticks:

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,

What glitch are you encountering on the chart? I haven’t heard of any issues, but I can have the tech team investigate if you let me know the details.

Jason

1 Like

Do you have some data missing from Dec? I had the same problem but FXCM just told me (if I remember rightly) to delete the quote history in Candleworks/FXTS2/Quotestorage. The data was then restored when I reopened Marketscope.

But, if this is your problem then PLEASE check first with FXCM chat (technical) that this is correct!!! :pray:

2 Likes

Top currency Yen was strong but not by a lot, Top Trade USDJPY was up a little bit but still stuck in a sideways consolidation

2 Likes

Manxx, you are the man, that seems to have fixed the issue

4 Likes

Strong day for the USD but we remaine stuck in a tight range

2 Likes

Days look numbered for the Yen as the pack closes in, USDJPY had a bullish breakout today and look at how well the Pound did in wake of all the Brexit news

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,
I started to do my own S/W on januari the first with the JPY as 0 position, I totally get your comment based on my analysis -

Just have to figure out to buy trend or counter trend or some other technical system to get in to the profit.
Thanx for sharing the S/W idea !

1 Like

No surprise here, GBP in the wake of failed Brexit votes takes our top spot.

Take a look at our new Top Trade GBPNZD, that sure looks like a inverse Head and Shoulder bottom and today’s candel was your brakeout above the neckline. Two things of concern here, first we have got to clear that 200 dma just 80 pips above then there is the Brexit whch adds a lot of uncertinty

4 Likes