Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Like this H1 200SMA

3 Likes

Hey @Trendswithbenefits - Iā€™m a little confused, iā€™ve attached a chart to make it easier for you.

I canā€™t see any trades where you played the immediate reversal (or any reversal for that matter), it actually looks like you missed the entire reversal and entered your long positions prior to level at which the flash crash was established over 30 hours later?

Good effort though - however you didnā€™t really trade the reversal, did youā€¦

Edit: Iā€™m not going to comment back on this to avoid taking this off topic and causing unnecessary arguments. But next time, just be honest and donā€™t say youā€™ve done something which you havenā€™t - especially after providing a chart showing your own trades haha.

1 Like

@BaconSandwich, Such a Sad & Bittter little man. Youā€™re trying way too hardā€¦
(Thanks)

1 Like

*Youā€™re

Also, iā€™m not trying anything, this is a website to learn - I see no problem with correcting a mix up and highlighting that you didnā€™t trade any reversal, despite your claim :slight_smile:

Have a great 2019 :wink:

2 Likes

Dang you are quite the sensitive person.

Sorry @Dennis3450 , not trying to derail your thread. Iā€™ll let everyone get back to it.

1 Like

Yep Iā€™m sensitive also, here is my overnight traders from last nigh, closed out this am before the NY shuffle.

However I donā€™t understand how trade #9009 snuck in there. I started yesterday evening with no open trades and the rest of the data is dissimilar as well.

1 Like

This slow grind retracement in top Trade AUDJPY is anything but bullish, watch for the 200 ma on the 1hr chart to pose major resistance

1a

1 Like

Sorry to be so obtuse Dennis, but on my chart price broke 200 SMA Resistance 22 hrs ago.

Although my candles are identical to yours, the 200 SMA is much lower, same as
Maximus above

Any idea why there seems to be a discrepancy?

1 Like

Late Entry on a perfect setup.

1 Like

Weak momentum, lets see if it can accelerate. :smirk:

1 Like

Correlation, NZDJPY is leveling, lets see how it resolves. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the huge spike of 01-03-19 will have a bearing on this as bucket shops brokers all had different levels of trickery; feel sorry for those USA traders that have to use OANDA, holey moley!!

Moving Average is derived from price, if the price is WAY lower, the MA will be lower, best to ignore strict technical analysis about MA until those numbers are in the way past, and out of the calculations, which means anything beyond the 200 period

Google around the internet, there are many many discussions about this, probably even here on BP

Good luck for the next flash crash / black swan / bank intervention / JPY news / etc.

1 Like

you probably need to return to school snowman. there will be little effect as the calculation is usually based on closing price and is not weighted as per an exponential average. there will be little discernible effect

2 Likes

Good catch, there is something wrong with my Market Scope charts

Below is NZDJPY that circle show where we are missing 2 weeks of daily candles, It is effecting other time periods as well so my SW rankings are not going to be correct , let me see if I can pull numbers from TradingView. It really sucks when you canā€™t rely on your charts

3 Likes

Here are my SW rankings using Tradingview charts, Trading View is not a FOREX charting system so this may be off by a little,

If you run your own number let me know if this looks correct

NZDJPY* is our new Top SW Trade, but the market is pulling back so look for a good signal this pullback is over before jumping in

6 Likes

Hi Dennis, I did mine, looks close.

3 Likes

Todayā€™s SW rankings are brought to you by FXStreet

The weak pullback continues in top trade NZDJPY* , but USD looks like its ready for fall off a cliff here

7 Likes

Correlation in Play

1 Like

:smirk::muscle:

still pulling back, stay patiant

4 Likes