Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Denis and Bacon, do you guys have a level in mind for entering on the pullback, or do you sit on sideline and wait for price action to give a signal that pullback is over, and then enter?

One of my prime mistakes is getting into this kind of trade too early. The probability is that this is a pullback, and price should move higher. So often I am in the trade too early, and it continues pulling back, by which time I am convinced it is a reversal, I exit, then price resumes trend. I doubt I am alone in this regard …

1 Like

it really depends on the trader. Some traders like countertrend trades, meaning they get in on that pullback,and other traders only trade with the trend. So, it just depends on your style. Countertrend trading is a lot more riskier also in my opinion

1 Like

Dennis,

Just a follow up question, maybe, just maybe you can give us a little explanation on how you can say that the trade went against your plan and it is time to close the trade? If you are comfortable thought.

Thank you D

1 Like

Pullback in the Pound continues, still watching for a good reentry signal but nothing so far.

look how jammed the middle of the rankings are, it is like they are all waiting for something to happen

2 Likes

Waiting on the USD news coming to you on a forex station this week!

1 Like

Not sure what the question is. If you are asking how you know you have a failed trade, that is where your stop loss comes in , hitting it is a failed trade, sometimes a strong reversal candle will be reason enough to close the trade and not wait for your stop to be hit. There is no exact science to any of this.

1 Like

Currently tracking upcoming potential long entries GBPJPY and CADJPY.

In the latter, I’m using strong/weak with a small differential to draw my attention to a consolidation. Then I look at the chart and ask myself if I see a pattern I recognize. I think I do. So I look for where a signal may occur, define my risk (how much I’m willing to lose if the trade fails), figure out reward:risk, i.e., expected profit if I’m right vs. actual loss if I’m wrong. If I get my signal on one or both, I’m in. If not, then keep working on it.

3 Likes

Hi Denis I see GBPUSD is sneaking down to the 1hr 200ma. I know this is a pet of yours. Do you usually wait for a convincing reaction off this level, or do you enter if it just stalls there? Obviously the latter might give the best entry price, if price then kicks higher off the ma.

1 Like

Big up day for US stocks but the Currency market hardly noticed

2 Likes

GBPUSD is a nice looking setup on that 1 hr chart. with a double bottom just above the 200 ma. It is a coin toss if we will get all the way back to the 200ma. Going in right here with a stop under 1.3000 could be a good trade

1a

3 Likes

Newton’s First Law states that an object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force.

January is over, the market is still in consolidation mode but there are some nice setups in the works, more on that later

2 Likes

The one I am looking at now is GBPCHF, for reentry, there is a pennant forming on 1hr, touching the 200ma and it is probably going to break the pennant this Asian or UK session. Now if I can figure out how to insert a pic …

Good luck but I think this is off topic and even quite rude; it’s opposite of what the thread is about Strength vs Weakness, not Patterns. Setups are for days and weeks, not 1 hour chart on a NFP Friday.

3 Likes

Snowman I didn’t see rude but offtopic agreed.

1 Like

Rude? Are you joking? And this coming form you? You have no business lecturing about rude when your first 50 posts in this forum were nothing short of offensive.

As for off topic, perhaps, but at least my post discusses a presently relevant currency, the GBPCHF, you know the one currently occupying the hot seat. Explain the current relevance of the CAD and Newton’s laws of physics to the forum please. And try not to be offensive. Gracias.

2 Likes

It’s not even that serious at all. Calling people names is rude. Not posting an off topic post in a thread lol

1 Like

so how did the pennant pan out, was for a long right?

seems it dropped out of sight, then saved by the 200ma?

awesome, keep them coming

maybe there is a pin bar on daily now

On Friday Baby Pips ran an article on the NFP and showed a relative strength index. Does anyone know where this particular version can be located for download onto MT4 or MT5?

1 Like

do you have a link for the article? without seeing the same as you are seeing, all we can do is make a WAG