Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

it was in the news section 3 days ago (Friday) by Forex Grump

2 Likes

CAD nudges out GBP for the #1 spot, CADCHF is not one I normally trade but it is in a nice uptrend, USDCAD short is more to my liking, and we are seeing a week US dollar right now so shorting it against anything has a good chance of working

Super Bowl tonight so I may not get a chance to post anything else. I hope everyone has a great night and go Saints

2 Likes

Not much happening today, Top Trade CADCHF did post a small gain

2 Likes

Do you guys avoid trading around news period while using stronge/weak analysis?

1 Like

CAD hangs on to #1 by a hair, Top Trade CADCHF was up again today but closed well off its high. Pound looks dead and heading to the bottom, so much for GBPUSD

1 Like

I ignore the news, everything I need to know can be seen in the price action

2 Likes

@Dennis3450
How long have you been trading like this?

1 Like

New York, we have a problem, standby for tomorrow’s new look chart

2019-02-06_15-14-36

Hello. Thank you for sharing everything. Are you using currency indices to get your rankings? I was wondering if there is a site which provides the percentage change for you, or do you calculate it yourself? I would just assume get this info myself over visiting this site everyday.

1 Like

Are you using currency indices “The best things in life spoil the broth.”

provides the percentage change for you “A rolling stone is your oyster.”

do you calculate it yourself? “When the cat’s away the mice come in small packages.”

just assume get this info myself “The road to hell is where the heart is.”

1 Like

I have lost track, I think it is the 6th year, I must be doing something right, few make it past the first year

This is my own formula for doing a strength meter

And just ignore the Snowman, he is our resident troll, he is harmless and does make us laugh. Just think of him as the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph after his teeth were removed

1b

1 Like

@Dennis3450
What about support and resistance, do you use it as well with your trading?
And if you do, what time frame do you draw it on?
And also when do you open and close your trades and how do you place your stop loss?

1 Like

Try asking for a demo to show trades

Hint: they don’t like anyone to question them, just follow along

It’s all back patting and high 5’s all around, so stick to the program

Commodity sector got hit hard today, clearly, we are seeing some rotation

1 Like

@Dennis3450
Do you use support and resistance?
Answer me please, I really need your advice, I’ve been trading strong and weak for some time now without profit, but it seems you are very good in it. Help me out, do you use support and resistance?

1 Like

time for the big guys to start showing up, they jumped all over me!

SPOON_FEED

2 Likes

@The_Snowman

Are you mentally sound?
Because you don’t sound okay.

1 Like

Pound found some support today, for the pound to still be at #1 after a two-week selloff has to mean something. If I can find the right entry I may have to give GBP another shot

2 Likes

Support and resistance are a very important part of my trading, now you can use price levels but I have found the 200 moving average on the Daily , 4hr and 1hr chart can make for a strong S/R , looking at GBPUSD we see a strong reversal after hitting the 200 ma on the 4hr chart.

How long have you been following this thread, We have had a slow start to 2019 with only a few GBP trades. You have to be patient and not force the trades, this is not a method that is going to give you new trades every day, I have at times gone several weeks between trades.

1a

2 Likes

Glad you agree - it’s been rather tedious thus far for 2019.

1 Like