Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I was asking because I don’t trade USD pairs I feel comfortable and with the yen. Thank you for the contribution

[quote=“Dennis3450, post:3286, topic:77959”]
USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, CADJPY, see a pattern, Yen is always listed last which makes it a natural common denominator. You can use the USD if you like but it will require an extra step when dealing with say EURUSD and USDCAD. I like to keep things super simple
[/quote].

If Dennis had not answered this question, I would have asked the questioner if they had read all 3000 odd posts in this thread. I admire your patience Dennis.

1 Like

End of the month and end of 3rd Quarter, Top Trade short NZDCAD gained about 60 pips on its first full day as top trade,

Note, YTD CAD is the strongest currency this year and NZD is the Weakest on a YTD

Top Trade NZDCAD* closes in on the 100 pip mark

2 Likes

Big reversal day for Yen pairs , if you were short NZDCAD I hope you had a stop in place

Democrats look to destroy US economy in effort to force Trump out of office, I have never seen anything like this. Yen and Gold are your safe havens

1 Like

Boy, some tight numbers there? 1.27% between H/L!

1 Like

Does this market now view the Pound as a safe haven

1 Like

Hey dennis. Can u please illustrate for me how do u Pin on the Fxcm to view the strong vs the weak?.. because i’ve seen your chart on FXcm microscope.

This is one of the tightest markets we have seen, CHFJPY* is our new Top Trade but I see nothing in it to get excited about and if US stocks continue their two-day rally that should mean a weaker yen

Hi bebs
I use Windows Snipping tool to post charts from FXCM Marketscope , if that is what you are asking

my view on chfjpy PA to buy.

Can u tell me when can i get the window snipping tool? Cause ive open a fxcm demo account!! Tell the steps how to get it.

1 Like

Are you seriously asking everyone here, on a forex board, to give you windows navigation tips? Have you even googled “where to find windows snipping tool” or do you just want to be spoon fed?

2 Likes

Type snipping tool in the search box next to start. it will probably display as you start typing.

and the market just got tighter, I went back two years and can not find a tighter market, so what to do, AUDUSD* is our new Top SW Trade and it is in a multi-year downtrend, but shorting this here is a pretty weak play. It comes down to the use stock market, if you feel strongly that stocks will head lower from here then an AUDUSD* makes a lot of sense

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

Personally, how do you think will the US stock market perform this quarter?

Maybe this contraction is similar in behavior to Bollinger Bands. Could we expect an explosion in price movements soon?

The Pound took a big hit today, but in a market this tight a fall from 1 to 8 can happen in just a few hours

1 Like

history tells us that markets like to bottom in October then rally into the end of the year, but will that happen this year is just a guess at this point and I don’t like guessing, I would rather sit on cash and wait for a more clear signal

1 Like