Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

does this strategy apply in metals, crypto and stocks?

for those markets I like trading in the direction of the long term trend and buying the dips, Semicondutors is the top sector this year, up over 40% YTD, you can see how buying the dip would have made you a lot of money

A great week for you Dragon players, even if you waited until Monday’s pullback to get in on Top Trade GBPJPY you would be up about 400 pips right now. That is a great weeks work

1 Like

dennis, name of the website, I forget and didnt found in bookmark.

Still swimming in Profits

1 Like

what website?

Not much happening today

3 Likes

Note; I will be traveling the next few days and may not have internet at times, so if I should miss a post that will be why

2 Likes

enjoy your trip

Guys how much do you recommend risking per trade in % ?

I try to keep at 2% if its a strategy that is (currently) a consistent winner. Down to 1/3% if its some new variation I’m trying out.

(wrong thread)

1 Like

Agree with Tommor, no more than 2% per trade. With Dennis’ rankings/trading, I’m still trying to figure out my ideal RM/MM as a wide stop seems optimal to let the trades breath, but at 3 ATR SL for example, the lot sizing is quite small, especially in comparison to taking initial profits at 100 pips or 1 ATR. On the plus side, there are more winners than losers, for me so far anyway :slight_smile:

I have internet for a few minutes , so here is our current strength rankings, just a day of pullbacks

2 Likes

name of this website.

freestockcharts.com

we had an up day for all Yen pairs but no new high for our top trade

1 Like

I am on the road so no more updates this week, everyone have a great weekend

3 Likes

If Dennis is not posting yesterday’s values then, if it is of any help, these are mine (which are normally very close to Dennis’ - unless, of course, when I make a mistake in inputting :blush: )

4 Likes

I am missing the figures for 9/10/11 September. Does anyone have them to complete my set? Thanks in advance

Dennis was away during that period but he may still have that data. If so, he will surely put those days up here for you. If not, then I think, for example, @Clint may have that data.

Failing that, I am happy to crunch those days for you and post them tomorrow (I don’t keep past months’ data, I have no need for them and wipe my journal clean at the start of each month.)

These are data for yesterday 25.10. just in case Dennis is not back until late tomorrow (I hope it is correct!).

The SW percentage has obviously been contracting in the latter part of the week as the GBP price stalled following the defeat of the WAB timetable motion - whilst, naturally, the 200SMA continues to climb anyway.

Monday is a big day for GBP pairs as we find out the likely destiny of Brexit:

• A short extension by the EU just for the UK parliament to handle the WAB (withdrawal agreement bill) which provides either a near term exit if passed or a new threat of a no-deal crash-out if not.

• A longer extension to maybe 31.1.2020 if the UK parliament on Monday passes the motion for a general election in December. This throws open all options for Brexit, including a new referendum, even cancelling it. But BJ’s Conservatives do seem to be the favourite party in the polls and therefore may be able to push Brexit through with a majority for a change.

I don’t see any other major changes except a slight drop down the scale from NZD.