Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

This was a great week to travel as all we had was a mild pullback lasting all week, looking at Top Trade GBPJPY that sure is a chart pattern that is setting up for a move higher

1 Like

I was on vacation that week and I do not have those dates, I did not bother to back date my sheets as there was very little chance in rank order during those 3 days, in fact the top four were unchanged

1 Like

Welcome back, my Orlando friend!

2 Likes

up day for Top Trade GBPJPY but no breakout move yet

Are we supposed to enter CADJPY today based on this strategy?

It’s up to you, I’d say Dennis provides information, to use as you see fit, rather than a strategy. Though agree, general rule being wait for a greater than 2% difference for entry. FWIW, I’ve entered a small long position on CAD/JPY.

2 Likes

I pulled these numbers 1hour before the day’s close, if something crazy happens in the next hour I will update. as of now, we are still in the consolidation phase following a big move. Patients grasshopper patients

3 Likes

Thanks Manxx - could you do that? I had knocked an MT4 script to do it but during a PC rebuild it got lost and not got around to re-doing…I have a missing 3 rows so would like to tidy up my history files. Much appreciated.

Ok. Will be back later…

As requested, here are those old figures for 9-11.9. according to my data feed. I hope I’ve got it right!

I’ve included Dennis’ data for the days before and after (6.9. and12.9.) in order for you to compare the continuity.

If there is anything here that looks strange or suspicious then by all means ask for me to re-check! :grinning:

Great. Thanks for that - looks OK to me

1 Like

OK thanks for your reply. WHen does the H4 50EMA bounce come in as a factor to trigger a trade?

Before or after the 2% spread has been achieved or how?

Still no new high for top trade GBPJPY but you might look at AUDJPY as it hit a new high

market is still in consolidation but we do have a new #8 which gives us GBPUSD as a top trade, The price is down the last two hours so maybe set a buy order above today’s close. just a suggestion

1a

Guys are we supposed to enter now or wait for a H4 50 SMA bounce? Thanks!

Would be interesting to hear of people’s entry rules based off this information, know Dennis likes the pullback on the 1hr chart. I’m trying to keep things as simple as possible and limiting my chart time. Am not the biggest believer in support and resistance so normally if a new entry arrives, I wait to the morning (based in London) before entering, and only if the price is better than the Daily close before. Seems there is often a small retracement in the Asian session so can get a slightly better price. Am very sure there are better methods though.

1 Like

Hey @Rustang, To get the best entries using Dennis’s strategy does require patience. He determines the SW pairs at the close of the US Session / start of the Asian Session… a notoriously low volume period of the market with only NZ open for first few hours.

The SWA Strategy is such a well documented and sound system, I believe that the LP’s (Banks) trade against the strength that every new SW Pair triggers (Not just retail). It’s easier for the market to trade against sentiment when volumes are low… Hence you do see improved entry levels during the Asian session…

Your analysis is performed at the Euro session open / end of the Asian session which is the start of increasing volumes in the markets upto and including the New York open ~6 hours later… and possibly a better time to gauge a pairs true intended trajectory…

Finally, I suggest reading through the thread in detail, Dennis has been very meticulous over the years with answering questions, I am sure you are not the first person to ask this and Dennis providing feedback.

1 Like

we had a whole week of sideways action in Top Trade GBPJPY, still waiting for that breakout , I think this has one more move in it

Hey, @Trendswithbenefits…since our time is limited combined with the fact that there are thousands of posts by Dennis in this thread, it would be so welcoming to have its entry, SL and TP structure reposted for everyone to benefit…Thanks in advance!

Another day of all-time highs for stocks but our FOREX market is just sitting here