Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Sorry mate, I have all of 2018 in excel format if that is helpful? But only November onwards for 2019.

1 Like

It was a great week for our top SW Trades, Stock Market at all times highs, US Unemployment at record lows, Democrats fake impeachment show is blowing up in their faces.

It is when things are going this good you have better be looking over your shoulder

1a

1a1

3 Likes

Sleepy Monday

1 Like

A little game of leapfrog between AUD and CAD for that 8th spot, other than that another slow day

1 Like

Not too many USD SW plays this year but we just got NZDUSD, This pair is in a long term downtrend so we will look at this as a countertrend trade

1a

2 Likes

NZDJPY became a Top Trade on Dec 4th and today we got our breakout

1 Like

This has been an exceptional year!

Pound pairs :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Did you ever get this as I have them if you still wish?

Dennis, how long are you holding a pair once it becomes the “top” one? Would you have open positions in NZDJPY, AUDNZD, NZDCAD, and NZDUSD until they hit a trailing stop?

Thanks

we have not had a move like this in a while, congrats to everyone holding the Pound, YTD GBP is the number 1 currency in 2019

1a

2 Likes

I don’t trade every pair Strong Weak gives us, and my own rule is to take half profits at 100 pips then let the rest run with a beakeven stop. At some point we must take profit on the rest and for that I will look for reversals to signal the ride is over, if it is a counter trend trade I am more app to take profits early. When I am taking trades using profits from other trades I can be a bit more agressive with my trades but that is just me.

2 Likes

Good day, Dennis & all the other guy’s for the assistance over a few years, I have just started live trades with the Looney & been successful so far, but i have notice dthat the returns on some pairs that reach No1 giv much better returns than others, my question,( seeing that some of us have limited funds), is there a way for sorting the better NZD pairs than the other, thus improving returns

Also a special thanks to Dennis for sharing the system so willing and helpfull with his knowledge & advice.
Enjoy the weekend.

3 Likes

We enter the last two weeks of the year with our top currency of the year back at #1

2 Likes

…and a whopping +3% diff, too…

2 Likes

If you are looking to be a one pair trader I would stay with AUDNZD, lots of back and forth action

1a

1 Like

Another thing I would reccomend is using the Average True Range tool. Using data to see how much a pair moves per week/month add additional insight into Targets. For example over the past year…AUDNZD moves around 120 pips per week and 250 per month vs GBPJPY in a week 300 and 700 over a monthly time period. With that said, you’d adjust your risk management accordingly to offset the difference.

1 Like

Santa rally is in high gear with stocks hitting all-time highs and our SW top trades doing pretty well too

2 Likes

Today’s action would suggest the run on the Pound is over for the short term,

1 Like