Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Here you go. You can change the Length input to “34” in the settings.

//@version=3

study(title=“Percent difference between price and MA”)

Length = input(14, minval=1)
xSMA = sma(close, Length)
nRes = abs(close - xSMA) * 100 / close
timeframe = period

finalRes = if xSMA > close
-1*nRes
else
nRes

//USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, CHFJPY, AUDJPY, NZDJPY, CADJPY

//Plot for USDJPY
usdjpy = security(“USDJPY”, timeframe, finalRes)
plot(usdjpy, color=blue, title=“USDJPY”)

//Plot for EURJPY
eurjpy = security(“EURJPY”, timeframe, finalRes)
plot(eurjpy, color=orange, title=“EURJPY”)

//Plot for GBPJPY
gbpjpy = security(“GBPJPY”, timeframe, finalRes)
plot(gbpjpy, color=green, title=“GBPJPY”)

//Plot for CHFJPY
chfjpy = security(“CHFJPY”, timeframe, finalRes)
plot(chfjpy, color=black, title=“CHFJPY”)

//Plot for AUDJPY
audjpy = security(“AUDJPY”, timeframe, finalRes)
plot(audjpy, color=red, title=“AUDJPY”)

//Plot for NZDJPY
nzdjpy = security(“NZDJPY”, timeframe, finalRes)
plot(nzdjpy, color=maroon, title=“NZDJPY”)

//Plot for CADJPY
cadjpy = security(“CADJPY”, timeframe, finalRes)
plot(cadjpy, color=purple, title=“CADJPY”)

//Plot for JPYJPY
plot(0, color=yellow, title=“JPYJPY”)

1 Like

I salute you guys clever enough to code these indicators. However, looking at all those squiggly lines, I fear that you guys are beginning to complicate what is a very simple, brilliant and time tested idea of SWA. Remember guys, if it is not broken, dont fix it. No offense intended.

2 Likes

No offence taken, squiggly lines…you’re right, it’s a bit much for a beginners forum and possibly a little too off topic for this concise and proven thread. Removed…

Another week in the books, we ended with a down day in the stock market and a stronger Yen as a result. Our Top Trade CHFJPY has completely retraced to its entry point so we will call that one done with +188 pips at its high, Top Trades AUDCHF is up a little bit and newest Top Trade EURCHF is in a strong downtrend, nothing says it can’t go lower.

Note; nothings says you need to take every SW trade and I would advise being in no more than two trades at a time and even better don’t take that second trade until the first one has a breakeven stop in place

3 Likes

Top Trade AUDCHF* is up +87 pips from its entry point, 13 more pips and we will call this one a winner as well. If you got in at the entry point nothing wrong in moving your stop up to breakeven

1 Like

Yen has nosed out CHF for the top spot, Top Trade AUDCHF broke the 100 pip mark so we will make that one as a winner, that is a pretty good reversal in AUDCHF, if not closing out I would at the very least have a breakeven stop, this is likely to move higher tomorrow

1 Like

Top Trade AUDJPY* posted a small gain today,

Note; Australia’s economy is strongly linked to China so the coronavirus is going to have a negative effect on AUD making short AUDJPY a nice-looking trade

I should have come to here before putting on my AUD/NZD on Jan. 14.!

:open_mouth::laughing:

A little busy but will have some charts later tonight, Top Trade AUDJPY* hit the 100 pip mark , yes another winner

3 Likes

After a two-day pullback Top Trade AUDCHF* hit a new low and maybe heading lower

Strong Weak has given us 4 trades in January three have topped the 100 pip mark, only one not playing ball is EURCHF but give it time

1a

3 Likes

Rinse and repeat

1 Like

Don’t say it too loud Dennis…too much winning may upset one side of the aisle!

2 Likes

The only question is what is having more influence on this market, Coronavirus or rise of Bernie Sanders , both are bad for markets

3 Likes

Current Top Trade AUDCHF just keeps on giving

2 Likes

Here are the 4 Top Trades that Strong Weak gave us in January, Even if EURCHF fails to reach +100 pips, 3 out of 4 is a win ratio I can live with

1a1

8 Likes

:ok_hand::ok_hand: thanks for all you do Dennis. You have super simplified Forex trading for so many

5 Likes

January 31st - Plan A… Send the GBP into the stratosphere Pre-Brexit…

February 3rd - Plan B… Send the GBP back from whence it came Post-Brexit…

Comforting to see Market Manipulation is alive and well in 2020…

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: the market makers only have one Job to destroy and …use retail traders as a pool of liquidity…

2 Likes

classic buy the rumor sell the news

1 Like

Small pullback today

2 Likes