Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

big reversal in Top Trade AUDCHF, and it was still moving higher as I took this snapshot,

2 Likes

Does this mean itā€™s buying time Dennis

Chances are thereā€™ll be a pullback. Then itā€™s wait and see.

.aud/nzd has been grinding through a range just started moving higher this morning with a pull back this afternoon.

Iā€™m sure Dennis knows better than I. Looking forward to what he has to say

KC

New SW Trade NZDUSD*

1 Like

no change

2 Likes

Hello, has the formula for calculating strenght remained the same? (Price - 4h 200sma)/Price. If so, why the 4h timeframe?

If you go on YouTube, I believe Dennis explained why in one of his very first videos on this topic. If you cant find it, just believe it and start using it to work out your own SW rankings. You will see it just works. Dennis refined the formula and has been tested and proven to work over several years. I have been following but only just started to implement it in my trading

1 Like

Can anyone point to another strategy that would have had you short NZDUSD two days before Fridayā€™s big down candle, Not an official winner yet but seeing how we have a new week it would not be a bad idea to bring your stop a little closer to breakeven

1a

4 Likes

Only to a different version of the same strategy. Simplified path usually to the same answer on the same timing but Iā€™m not saying its as reliable - need to cross-check for longer.

NZDUSD (4 Hour Chart) Yep, never get befuddled by malevolent Price Actionā€¦

(-16 Hours Australian TZ) would have had you short back on 4th February @ 11.00pm (New York Time)

The move is also clearly visible (4th) on Dennisā€™s matrix when overlaidā€¦canā€™t make this stuff upā€¦

Always makes me smileā€¦ watching attempts to reinvent the wheelā€¦

not much happening today, Our current Top Trade NZDUSD* is closing in on the 100 pip mark, I would be moving my stop to break even at this point

1a

1 Like

a bit of a pullback among the weakest, Top Trade NZDUSD* hit the +95 pip mark before pulling back

1 Like

Hurge pullback !

We got some action today as the commodity currencies came to life , Top Trade NZDUSD* completely retraced stopping us out ( you did have a breakeven stop) and the forgotten trade EURCHF* finally came to life. EURUSD* is our new trade, may the trading gods bless this trade

1a

1a1

2 Likes

Since an interest rate decision (to keep the rate the same) caused this pullback, is it worth not holding a position the day a rate decision may come out? Any opinions? Thank you in advance for your replies. Also, thank you Dennis for posting this wonderful strategy.

i think nu sell trade is still intact.

Hi Dennis.

Hope youā€™re well.

Iā€™m noticing big differences on my rankings compared to yours.
Seems like a big gaps. Itā€™s with Oanda. Just curious if it might be something obvious iā€™m missing. Not had issues in the past.

NZD 71.922 70.934 -1.39%
EUR 121.156 119.544 -1.35%
AUD 74.761 73.96 -1.08%
CAD 83.296 83.013 -0.34%
CHF 112.632 112.4 -0.21%
GBP 142.742 142.476 -0.19%
JPY 0 0 0.00%
USD 109.355 109.948 0.54%

EDIT: Think I worked it out, although I donā€™t really understand whyā€¦the close price was vastly different on the Daily candle compared to the 4hr?

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Just scrolling through this years trades. Iā€™m confused on this oneā€¦ We wouldnā€™t know if CHFJPY is a top trade until the close of day 13th Jan 5pm NYC time? Wouldnā€™t we be entering a trade (if we were blindly following strong/weak) at the top of this candle?

cheers,
Ben

Got my own way of calculating Strong Weak analysis using data received by 40+ VIP Signal Providers. Im sure you guys gonna love it and hopefully someone of you get so engaged in it that we discover something very profitable! :wink:

Well, maybe not 2 days before, but if you mark the highest high and lowest low of Monday and Tuesday, take the break out, you have a winner !

When it works on the GBP pairs, as it is doing this week, itā€™s amazing.

Think about it, price only, absolutely no indicators, freedom that you have always dreamed of

1 Like