Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

For sure if the majority of retail traders are short the market will go up, but I don’t think it’s a market manipulation at this level. Spreads, quotes and bad brokers yes, but change the market like that no…

I think this is the dollar falling following the major indexes and,more importantly, the market expecting 2 or 3 rate cuts from the FED this year. Check the dollar index, we were almost at 100!

Now AUD and NZD and indexes taught a valuable lesson. In times of crisis like that, open a trade a let it open, don’t take profits no matter how many digits they are!!! Instead of a 3 digits, you may wake up one day and don’t belieave your eyes when seing a 4 digits blue number on MT4. :joy::joy:
It can always get worse and you never know where the bottom is.

You have made some valid points here, but on profit taking, I will differ, I take profits regularly when I hit H4 H4 support or resistance, depending on my trade direction. INCREASE my equity and then wait for a retracement and then rejoin the trend. I tell any one who cares to listen " You will never go broke taking profits off the your broker "

2 Likes

why? the audusd should have been on everyones radar who follows this thread. its a bonus that the crowd is buying. it is that easy.

1 Like

This is a Coronavirus panic market, AUD and NZD are the most closely tied to China so they are taking the biggest hit

1 Like

Just watching the “Shorters” being hacked into by the LP’s midway through the Asian session.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the real market sentiment gets out of bed later today…

Possibly more of the same? May be too hard to resist all that directional momentum to Buy into…

Did they cure the Coronavirus, in stocks we saw a big reversal on Friday and follow-through today, anyway the markets are crazy and make no sense so be careful here

2 Likes

When Fed cuts rates and the Market sells off is never a good thing, Our SW rankings are spot on as to what to trade if you decide to trade just remember any news can have these markets reversing

2 Likes

This says it all

2 Likes

sorry I am under the weather today so not update

1 Like

You keep that virus over in Orlando!:wink:
Get better soon!

1 Like

namste dear dennis please explain me your trading system

Please take the time to read the thread. It’s a simple method which is thoroughly explained over quite literally thousands of posts.

The gist however, is to calculate the current Strongest & Weakest currencies based on Yen as the common denominator, using Daily candle closing prices and the 4hr 200ma closing price. This gives us a good idea of what we should be buying/selling. For example in the 3rd March rankings, JPY is the strongest, NZD is the weakest and there’s a good 2% difference between them. It’s a solid indication that the pair NZDJPY would most likely fall in the Yen’s direction. How you enter a trade on that pair is your decision.

Personally I have found it most difficult over the years to simply get the direction correct. I’ve done one of the biggest flaws as a trader and that’s jump from system to system, only with time do you look back and think " jeez, if i just stuck with that 1 strategy i’d be doing quite alright" - Play the numbers game, deal with the losers, enjoy the winners, keep it simple and stick to 1 strategy. You’ll be amazed at what you can reap.

No idea where that all came from… too much coffee.

Ben

5 Likes

3 Likes

Hope you get better soon…

1 Like

@Benjwoo, more caffeine my man… great explanation… you nailed it!

For those playing along at home… 4th March Calculation.

Note: ± 0.02% variation may apply due to differing TZ’s and Platforms.

4 Likes

Welcome back Dennis,

Hope you are recovering

1 Like

Morning all.

I use the strong weak analysis to determine the strength of a currency and like to go against the herd, trading Daily candles.

USDJPY
Hit 100 pips and have taken half and move SL to BE. Leaving the rest to run until strong indication of reversal.

Ben

1 Like

Does everyone calculate all of these %'s everyday manually or is there some sort of indicator that does it for you? I honestly have no idea how to do this manually. I read the post that explains how the strengths are calculated but I still don’t know how to do it. Sorry for the newbie question.

NZDJPY illustrates the volatility of this market, expect volatility to continue as the virus plays its self out

1a

1 Like

This is a scary moving market oil gold and currency. I had a lucky short on oil from Thursday which I closed this morning.