Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I guess it is safe to say that SW works even in a Pandemic

these are once in a decade moves we are seeing, just remember the market can take it back just as quickly

3 Likes

Thanks for the information

1 Like

This is why you never chase a move

1 Like

As the Currencies stand in order today, Dennisā€™s (or anyone else) would you think that this is maybe the real strong to weak order of the eight majors minus the pulling and pushing, manipulating and churning from Global Banks, LPā€™s etcā€¦

The so called real world order in strength of Currencies? Interested in some input on thisā€¦

1 Like

I would expect JPY to remain strong throughout the month, as I would also expect little change in the bottom three. Until this black swan event works its self out world markest are in for a tough time

Fed rate cut is what is hurting the US dollar otherwise it would be up with JPY, watch for more rate cuts from other countries

1 Like

Yen is the currency of safety no doubt about that
USD is a safe haven but the Fed will keep it weaker then the yen with interest rate cuts
CHF can be a safe haven but watch out for rate cuts
EUR is in a death spiral it is just a question of how long will the Germans keep breathing life into it
GBP in a few years the Briext supports will be proven right,
CAD this is all about oil prices
AUD and NZD are in big trouble, their economy is too closely tied to China, a recession in China could spell a Depression in AUD

3 Likes

Thanks for your insight Dennis, Iā€™m late to the party with regard to Currencies, so your more knowledgeable input is appreciatedā€¦

I can confirm AUD and NZD are in troubleā€¦ I have been saying for weeks we are goneā€¦ Both economies were already weak. Exposure to Chinaā€™s shutdown and the Pandemic is the perfect storm.

1 Like

forget what I said earlier this market is heading lower, AUD is in big trouble

2 Likes

Banking stocks have had nearly 40% wiped off in the last 2 weeksā€¦ This is really starting to biteā€¦

0% Interest Rates (or lower) are a certaintyā€¦ Assets become liabilitiesā€¦ Liabilities become assetsā€¦

Internationally, Deutsche and HSBC Banks SPā€™s are sliding badlyā€¦

1 Like

We had a wild week, Friday was a big reversal but we have seen that before, Monday should give us a better clue if the markets have stabilized or will the wild ride continue

2 Likes

Does everyone calculate all of these %'s everyday manually or is there some sort of indicator that does it for you? I honestly have no idea how to do this manually. I read the post that explains how the strengths are calculated but I still donā€™t know how to do it. Sorry for the newbie question.

You can visit the thread daily where Dennis has kindly been providing the info for years.

3 Likes

Thanks for always doing these Dennis. They certainly do help me locate trends easily.

1 Like

Ohhh thatā€™s not so good

I have been through dot.com bust, 9/11 and 2008 financial crisis and none of those come close to what we are seeing today, pretty scary stuff

2 Likes

This is getting down right nasty nowā€¦ the virus toll on the predominantly elderly is enormousā€¦

The economic repercussions from, quarantines, shutdowns and travel limitations will be catastrophic.

It feels like the days after 9/11 when the world frozeā€¦ this will be played out over weeks and months.

3 Likes

I agree itā€™s very generous of him to post them here everyday, but wouldnā€™t it be much more helpful to teach us how to calculate those strengths on our own?

Here is a link to a YouTube video where he does so.

Sharing a helpful live quotes tool, you can select JPY as the single currency.

US dollar is on the move

3 Likes