Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Just a couple of hours into the new trading day and we have follow-through, The risk-on trade is alive and well

1a

3 Likes

Always good to know what to trade so early in the day

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Great to be in sync with you guys :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Trendswithbenefits is that a script you’ve done in trading view?

Hi @kylehjones92, no, that script I wrote and template design is for the Ctrader Platform…

A similar Indicator is available for MT4/5 and TradingView.

1 Like

Thanks @Trendswithbenefits, I’ve seen a lot of variations of currency strength indicators on tradingview. Do you know the name of the one that’s similar to this strategy?

What happen to our risk-on trade, today is looking more like a reversal, DOW is still hitting new highs as the Nasdaq has not hit a new high in over a month.

I suspect what we are seeing is a rotation into underperforming assets, this could be both value investors and the Fed backing the market, The Nasdaq will rise again and so will our risk-on trade, it just may take a bit longer

1a

4 Likes

By days end only the USD was positive and every other currency has a similar reversal candle as the CAD

Strong Dollar and endless money printing by the US Fed, can the world be anymore upside down

1a

4 Likes

Very little change for the week and Friday saw a weak follow-through in Thursday’s reversal so this may be nothing more than a normal pullback, Monday should ad clarity

1a

4 Likes

I’m certainly hoping so. I lost a few positions towards the end of last week and the remainder are mostly negative right now but my TA still says the same things - buy CAD, GBP, AUD, sell JPY, CHF, EUR. So I have to hold on through this…

4 Likes

After a negative start most Yen pairs finish near their opening price with CHF having a big day, I am thinking more losses for the yen in the days to come

1a

4 Likes

Opportunity awaits, but one needs to get some sleep.
The spirit is strong, but the machine is weak.

1 Like

1a

All red for our Yen pairs, the Yen has been weak for a long time, it may be over due for a rise to #1

1 Like

Luckily I got an earlybird ticket.

Ugly day for Yen pairs, no worst than NZDJPY, but SW tells us CADNZD is the play, not a pair I normally play but I will be tracking it using today’s close as the entry point

1a

7 Likes

CADNZD up 60 pips on its first day as our top trade

1a

5 Likes

1a

5 Likes

Thankyou – just been directed here and looks good

It is safe to say the Currency markets are just as confused as the rest of the world

we have two commodity currencies as our top trade and our safe haven currencies are 2.60% apart, this is not normal folks, or is this the “New” normal

1a

4 Likes

I don’t trust AUD and NZD to immediately continue weak against CAD and USD. I’m hoping to get long CAD and USD but against the CHF, EUR and GBP. Might have to revise this after the week shows which way things are going to go.

2 Likes