Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

There is a lot of recent discussion in these forums about predictive strategies…

My prediction for the CSW’s order for Monday’s US Close (Tuesday AM in Oz)

CAD - GBP - USD - AUD - EUR - NZD - JPY - CHF… 1 through to 8… Let’s see! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Note , I will be traveling this week, if I have wifi I will post updates, if not I might miss a day or two

7 Likes

1a

5 Likes

USD has overtaken CAD for #1 giving us a new Top Trade NZDUSD*, we were long this pair starting Nov 5th, and gave us over 700 pips, now we are short and following a little pullback this does look like a promising trade

1a

7 Likes

Still tracking, but only demo trades from Signal #6 CADCHF (as per screenshots) I like NZD lower, which should help the NZDCAD short, and I like USD strong. We can see it in USDJPY going up, EURUSD, AUDUSD going down. :smiley:

6 Likes

Strong day for Yen pairs sends JPY back to the bottom

1a

9 Likes

Rank order is unchanged , not much happening today

1a

9 Likes

Not much movement either way for the week, even Bitcoin has gone quiet for the week

1a

5 Likes

Hello All,

I have used Dennis’s data to trade with since near the start. This intrigued me and I am pretty sure that some have run variations to the theme. I have an EA and like most EA’s they don’t run out of the box. It generated some wins then took big losses and I lost 25% of my account. So I stopped the EA. After gathering my thoughts I decided to play and no it is not the holy grail but decided to give the EA a chance. Using Dennis’s Data and a 4 TF confirmation of trend I decided to start at the TP of 5 pips and a SL a bit greater (than the developers recommended) using the Daily ATR *1.5 and only trade with the trend. I only selected the pairs with 2% difference and traded London Session. I did my analysis or used Dennis’s S/W, set the session and the SL as described and let it run for that day while out at work. I let the EA make the entry and of course the TP or the SL ended the trade. The EA with the daily settings changed traded for 9 weeks in London sessions and I eventually in gradual steps raised the TP to 20pips. I joined a facebook group for this EA and hoped to find some strategies. 2 buses came at once because I decided to conduct a month long trial sharing the strategy. A few days later another new user popped up and he uses an On-Off several times a session method. In that 20 days and not trading this weekend because a major bank holiday plus NFP I turned the EA off on Thursday night. Anyhow here is what I got. The EA took 61 trades and profited in all by amassing 1400 pips. This was using the Strong to Weak analysis from this site but also in some cases using Dennis 's method to create my own Strong to Weak using the London Close. The rankings were the same but the percentages would vary. Thank you Dennis and co for this, I now have a rinse & repeat semi-auto system that yields acceptable wins. I will not name the EA I use so please do not ask. I will be looking at increasing TP but as with babypips I say baby steps.

4 Likes

My blessing to all of you, have a wonderful day

1a

8 Likes

Indeed brother. The Alpha and Omega.
Blessings!

1 Like

Just reading through the thread and came across this gem. 1 year later and a 1110% gain.

1 Like

Can you show us the math on that?

Is that using the buy $100 each week or the quoted “today’s price”?

Current price 57,000 / price a year ago 5,133. = 1110.46%

1 Like

very good, a huge number

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percentage-increase-calculator.php

2021-04-05_20-10-23

1 Like

More sideways action

1a

2 Likes

If I have only but all my gold holdings in to Bitcoin, that 1110% gain would have made me a rich puppy

1 Like

The Strategy is simply buying $100 of Bitcoin at the beginning of each week, hold and do not sell just keep accumulating

If you had done it every week this year or 13 weeks your $1300 of bitcoin would be worth about $1800,

I have a thread in the Bitcoin section , join us

1 Like

I was running late when I pulled my numbers, It might have been two hours past the NY close, but I did not see any big movements that would have affected the % that much

Have you read the MT4 HELP or Manual?

There is a function called Data Window

1 Like