Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

The pullback continues

1a

7 Likes

Hey guys is there any way to track commodity currencies like: AUD, NZD in relation to a ranking system like here on finviz futures ranking: Futures
Its just out of curiosity as I will always be entering trades based of my usual technical analysis.
Ive been able to make some nice trades on these commodity pairs, but the patience is everlasting :smiley:

1 Like

I, for one, do not understand the question; how do you mean to track them, against what? each other? AUD and NZD are like shadows, they follow each other all the time.
CAD is the other main commodity currency, the only advice I ever see about that is to watch OIL.
Do you want to track AUD vs Copper, Iron Ore, and what is the main commodity of NZD?
I thought it was dairy products and sheep? I often wonder why it is even traded, and even more baffled when it is strong.
And Finviz currency meter pretty much covers it easily for day trading; or is your outlook weeks and months? Hardly need a chart for that, be more fundamental than we discuss here.
Good luck

2 Likes

Okay you helped me already. I was wondering what exactly is ore?
What mineral and the agricultural product of nzd.

The question is good. It is annoying to find you might have opened a long position on for example AUD, when the other 6 significant AUD charts all show it as a sell. This often comes about from over-focus on the entry pattern - its possible to get a text-book buy pattern on e.g. AUD that’s zeroed in to a short time-frame over just the last 20 bars, but that doesn’t mean AUD is a great currency to be long on.

This whole thread is dedicated to resolving that issue.

4 Likes

Well said, on short timeframes you can find several opportunities.
Its interesting to see one trader think its a buy, but for me it looks like a sell.
I follow Dennis ranking and also look at the 1 day relative performance charts.
I cant find iron on the finviz futures ranking system and NZD agricultural products :expressionless:???

Was just wondering what is happening with these currencies as my fundamental knowledge is minimal.
I just trade of Technical analysis. but would like to make a story for my kid or girlfriend about why aud/usd was trending last time. They say Im a nerd if I show them charts when they ask what Im doing :rofl:

Im still flexible though, because I often see price just turns.
I guess the speed of large capital is more powerfull than anything.
One thing for sure. These S/W currencies provide great opportunities when they move.
Thanks guys! Lucky enough you guys dont think Im crazy :smiley:
Trading is really rocket science to friends and family.

2 Likes

If I’m forced to tell someone how I trade, I keep it simple - I say I look for what the big banks are buying and I buy the same.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why you are interested in the fundamental aspect when you said you trade purely technical charts. Just be a nerd like us. :smiley:

Anyway, internet = information

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia#Economy

Rich in natural resources, Australia is a major exporter of agricultural products, particularly wheat and wool, minerals such as iron ore and gold, and energy in the forms of liquified natural gas and coal. Although agriculture and natural resources account for only 3% and 5% of GDP respectively, they contribute substantially to export performance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand#Economy

New Zealand is heavily dependent on international trade, particularly in agricultural products. Exports account for 24% of its output, making New Zealand vulnerable to international commodity prices and global economic shutdowns.

3 Likes

You’re right to also point to the advantages of awareness of underlying fundamentals. Australia is New Zealand’s largest trade partner. In forex trading terms this means it would be hard to justify (or crazy) being long AUD but short NZD.

Same applies to Switzerland and the EU, and to some extent to Canada and the USA. The currencies involved are siblings, so the safe policy is to treat them always the same as each other.

A further thought on this is that the junior sibling’s charts point the way the senior sibling’s will follow. So if fore example CHF is increasingly bullish, EUR charts will be going the same way soon, but more slowly. But this is still a theory in my mind…

3 Likes

More than a theory, you are on the right track there

https://www.fxempire.com/education/article/the-beauty-of-eurgbp-and-gbpchf-forex-pairs-564641

3 Likes

Mostly red today for our yen pairs with GBP and USD getting hit the hardest, still the uptrends are intact

Note; GBPJPY has been a Top Trade since January and hit the 1000 pip mark last week, anyone ride it for that full 1000 pips

1a

6 Likes

Yeah I do consider these currency relationships.
If its contradicting it just doesn’t make sense to part with my money.
Prolly Big banks ponzi scheme :wink:

Look how recent price action in AUDJPY nearly matches that of Bitcoin,

3 Likes

another mixed day and more consolidation, the question is will we come out of this and resume previous trends or reverse current trends. This is the time to be patient

1a

5 Likes

Only 4 of the 28 major charts showed a with-trend close tonight. Same imbalance all week. This is no time to be brave.

2 Likes

I prefer technical analysis over fundamental analysis.

Did our little pullback end on Friday as Top currency CAD lead the way, Watch the Swiss Franc it has been moving up the chart

1a

1 Like

I also have CAD as No.1 bullish currency, JPY as No.1 bearish.

But something odd is going on as I have EUR overtaking CHF becoming rapidly more bullish, while CHF lags behind. This is odd and I suppose, a definite sign of indecision. Or a sign of transition between two market “states”.

I aim to be more aggressive with entry and pyramid orders from tomorrow but avoiding new orders while only Asia/Australasia are at work this week.

3 Likes

Watching cadchf and others for a week now, but market should be showing a clear direction for me to enter a trade. It will escalate soon enough.

2 Likes

This was me to a “T”!