Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hi Dennis!
I’ve been following your thread for quite some time now and I read that the MA200 is an area of interest to you. I’m pasting the chart of USD/CAD Daily as it broke through and closed above the MA200 on my broker platform. And you said that you observed that with this kind of trade it can go on for days, weeks, and even months. I’m sure many of the followers of this forum, me included, would like to know your thoughts about the posted chart.
Thank you so much for your contribution to the trading community. We are very grateful to you.

1 Like

i went long!!! I like the action

1 Like

Hi Travis!
You mean you went long on USD/CAD based on the posted chart?

hi, no i went long based on my own chart and my analysis from last week which i mentioned here.

1 Like

Major correction in US stocks which means Yen Pairs are getting killed, lead by our two most recent Top Trades short AUDJPY and CADJPY

Strong Weak Trading wins again

1a

3 Likes

yeah i hit my tp cadjpy while i was snoozing

1 Like

Strong Weak is just killing it, Top Trade short CADJPY down 150 pips, plus another 100 pips for short AUDJPY

1a

5 Likes

once again the gbp was the primary negative driver of the market with the yen being the secondary positive driver. The Euro was the rock and the usd was the mover…same as thursday and the whole last week…tells us alot .

2 Likes

After yesterday’s big move down it should be no surprise we get a small rally today. It is also a lesson in why you never chase a trade after a big move.

Note; We had a big sell-off in stocks on Monday, I have observed that after a bad Monday, more times than not the market will finish the week above Monday’s low

1a

6 Likes

THE usd was the positive opposed primary driver of the fx market with the yen being the negative secondary driver, the euro being the positive rock and the pound being the negative mover. So like Dennis said …the Yen took a break today but money still flowed into the usd and out of the pound complexes.

2 Likes

The wise sir hath built his house upon the rock.

1 Like

Another rally for Yen pairs. Is this a new trend or a simple pullback

1a

4 Likes

Hi All,

I use Tradingview to do my charting and in my humble attempt to add value to this excellent thread, I have created an indicator that plots a rolling four hour strong/weak calculation for those who prefer a visual reference. You can find it here https://www.tradingview.com/script/3byG5jLE-Forex-Strong-Weak-Analysis/

I hope you find it useful. Thanks!

6 Likes

hi Mig

I added the indicator to my Favourites. But I cant find it after that - can you explain how to apply it to a chart please?

You should be able to select it from your favorites and it should be added to the chart. This indicator shows up in another window below your main chart.

Who is watching chfjpy? :zzz:

1 Like

a day of consolidation

1a

6 Likes

Thanks migman1126. It helps assess the historic price move vs the SW figures. Had been manually trying to see SW figures at the price reversal zones to determine if there are any hints of a reversal compared to say a pullback. Yesterday dennis3450 posed a Q about pullback or reversal and this might help.

Also thanks to dennis3450 for the SW figures. Appreciated.

1 Like

Very impressive!

1 Like

Luckily I bought into some stocks and indices right before distribution days ago.
Now waiting for currency market to show intention.

1 Like