Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

intraweek up to Thursday, The euro unopposed negative driver with the gbp being the postive secondary driver, the yen is the positive rock and the USD is the mover. So flows are moving out of the euro into the gbp, yen, and to a lesser extent the usd. So how to interpret…well yen this week has been showing more weakness than last probably due to strength in equities…the us dollar is already pretty high…so flows are probably going to continue going into the pound…so gj and gu long would be 2 to watch…Anther thing to think about is that the euro being a unopposed driver of flows could be forming a floor so that is something to consider we have to watch.

cheers

2 Likes

Why is it that failure always seems to be the mother of all teachers?

1 Like

hi, I dont understand

for the last 13 weeks the rankings for the currencies are as follows:

Usd
Chf
Cad
Gbp
Eur
Jpy
Nzd
Aud

Virtually, the same as last week other than the Usd and the Chf flip flopped. Kinda goes with my premise that the Usd is quite high!!! Will it correct or continue trending??? That is the question.

1 Like

This is very helpful, thanks @migman1126!

3 Likes

I hope the markets have been good to you.

1 Like

While USD and JPY wrestle for #1 the rest of the pack in making up ground

1a

5 Likes

You will learn more from one losing trade than 10 winners

3 Likes

Thats exactly what I experienced with these crazy markets.

1 Like

What’s the basis for the USD being quite high? It’s quite low compared to almost all of the majors when you compare it with pre Covid market. Hard to tell what it should be at with them printing so much money, but they’re not the only ones.

things keep getting tighter

1a

6 Likes

Thx you Denis for info

1 Like

It was all Yen today

1a

8 Likes

And some NZD :smiley:

2021-07-28_6-41-01

1 Like

and backdoor flows are going into the pound complex still from the Usd and a lesser extent the euro!!! The Pound still getting big flows and love!!!

1 Like

we may be seeing some changing of the guard as the Euro sector is coming on strong

AUDCHF is not something I trade, but it does have a nice 6 month uptrend and no reason for it not to continue

1a

6 Likes

yesterday , yen was driving the negative flows into the euro and tot he lesser extent into pound…i mentioned this last week…i think this will continue to happan as the pound to be the main beneficialry with euro secondarily!!!

id be careful with this pair…if backdoor flows are going into the euro then there will be weakness in the chf and i believe alot of good news is priced into the nzd based on sentiment so the aud will rise!!!

1 Like

Not much is happening today, US dollar fell the most

1a

4 Likes

Actually, today may have been a important day. the usd was a unopposed negative driver so the the USD may have bottomed today either that or it may be a continued move down…we will see.