Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I got home earlier than expected

A mixed day without any big moves in currencies, not so in Bitcoin land, more on that on my Bitcoin thread

1a

7 Likes

Hi Dennis! What’s the name of your Bitcoin thread? Thanks!

Click on his name

2 Likes

Down day for Yen pairs but Top Rank NZD held up the best

1a

6 Likes

Hi @Dennis3450!

Please give a little clarity on today’s ranking… How does the USD get a negative value from a positive chart? Because the price is obviously above the 200ma on the 4hr USDJPY chart.

Please what’s going on, cos I need to be sure that I am following you?!

Thank you.

1 Like

I have USD at number 4, so I assume it’s just a FFE (fat-finger error). We all make them occasionally.

1 Like

Alright! Thank you.

Have you tried doing the calculations by yourself?

Or just happy to sit back and have things handed to you?

:star_struck:

1 Like

Hi @NuminousC, what trading platform are you using?

I’ll try and guide you to an indicator that will display the currency strength and weakness concept.

1 Like

Yes, I have. I actually got a positive USD at the 4th position using mt4.

So? :man_shrugging:

I chart on mt4. Thank you so much.

So?

Well, if you are going to question the top dog, you better be prepared to defend your position.

Have you noticed he can’t be bothered to reply to your numerous annoying questions?

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

iAA_DB_Currency_Strength_V2.01.ex4 (56.4 KB)

Maybe try this if you using mt4. Cheers.
Trade safe and good luck.

1 Like

Hi @NuminousC, You can use the Currency Strength Indicator that @Windfreeze has linked above.

Or if you are struggling with Platforms and Indicators you can use the CSM data linked below.

https://fpi.tradingstrategyguides.com/fpi/home/?tab=menu1m

Just click on the 4 Hour tab and it will give you very similar results to Dennis’s strategy without the mathematics

3 Likes

LOL!
Not really questioning him, just asking for clarification. And I appreciate your responses.

:wink:

2 Likes

There is clearly a battle for weakest as we get a new weakest currency almost every day

Another interesting thing is how the 200 ma on the 4hr chart in most currencies is flat, using EURJPY has an example it’s ma has only moved 3 pips in over a week. It just shows that this market has no direction

1a

3 Likes

I pull my numbers from TradingView using the chart below, I pull up each Yen pair and record those numbers on my Excel sheet where the formulas do the rest, the formulas never change but I do manually enter the price and ma so there is always a possibility for error,

If you see something that looks way out of line by all means point it out

6 Likes

@Dennis3450 Thank you very much, sir! I didn’t expect so much discrepancy between two platforms.

2 Likes

There is no centralised market place for Fx, like there is futures. Each platform has their own bid/ask and open/close.

3 Likes

@Dennis3450 you are a great teacher.