Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

its a choppy environment right now that is for sure!!! But there may be some opportunities for the next session, have to see if there will be for follow through

CAD lead today and put in a bullish hammer on CADJPY, I saw a few more reversals so maybe the market is pointing up again, that is until tomorrow when it points down again

1a

8 Likes

Yen pairs are tricky right now…Actually, the forex market is pretty tricky right now.

Hi BC Shaf

Trading rules are good but you need to be flexible in this ever changing market, 10 years ago moves of 100 pips in a day and 1000 pips in a month were common, today we are lucky to see moves half that.

As far as a trading strategy, the most basic one is to enter a new trade as soon as we have a new Top Trade ( #1/#8) then take profits in half your position at +100 pips and let the rest run with a break even stop, how you take profits in the remainder is up to you, some here use a trailing stop, others look for a reversal as a signal it is time to get out

But it all comes down to your personal choices and what kind of trader you are. I encourage everyone to come up with their own entry/exit plan and share what you have learned here

I hope this helps

Dennis

4 Likes

Yes that is an interesting area. I look at order clusters mostly, hence I see a big block sitting just above 1.62000, this is slightly above the left shoulder. :smiley:

1 Like

Risky reversion trade on GBPNZD - Scaling out as NZD is printing bullish engulfing candles on other pairs.

Anyone on this - NZDCHF ? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi , it is on my watchlist!!! Its forming a expanding triangle, however, it could break either way so best to wait for the break …right now it would be guessing.

1 Like

Hi my entry and stop would have been the green box, I didn’t enter this trade as I am in 8 Trades and 2 Pending (10% Max Risk). Widening triangles tend to trap traders on both sides in my experience, hence I try to keep a minimum stop and start scaling out as soon as I get my 1:2. :slight_smile:

It is a screaming buy but entry can be tricky as the swings are massive. Post a chart if you happen to crack this :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

yes, you are correct. I actually got stopped out a few days ago in that pair. I went long audchf on a inverted head and shoulders on the daily and today it put in a key reversal bar.

Thanks @TravisN, I took this trade in a simulated account. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Best,

B

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis3450. Can’t wait to experiment with this in a demo account next week. I appreciate it!

B

1 Like

Which trade nzdchf??

good to go

I actually entered an order for the NZDCAD. I placed a limit order for a short trade anticipating that the price action will start moving down. It hasn’t executed yet, but the price is moving in the right direction and I think I’ll be in the trade later today.

1 Like

do you mean a sell limit order? because price has moved way down and probably will continue

i have one as well good luck!!!

And as I said yesterday , today would be a down day and it was

Looking at Top Trade NZDCHF had you traded this perfectly you could have grabbed 50 Pips after two weeks, These markets just are not moving

1a

6 Likes

This is the market not moving

3 Likes

Dennis, I agree there are no follow through

2 Likes