Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hi Dennis, can you believe this thread has almost been going 6 years lol

I wanted to ask you what your entry requirements are? Do you enter when you feel it is right or when exact metrics and conditions are met?

I like this strategy and tend to only go short when the markets are falling below the JPY.

I know people will use this strategy in their own ways I am just wondering about entries and exits.

Thank you

Matt

I thought the day after Thanksgiving was a slow day in the markets. Instead of black Friday, we got a Red Friday, Major selloff in stocks, Crypto, and Yen pairs, When the dust cleared we had Yen #1 and AUD #8, Classic risk-off currency rankings. Now the question was this a one-day correction or might it last a bit longer

1a

1a2

1b

3 Likes

I try not to have my entry requirements carved in stone as the market is always changing, Basic entry is enter a new trade as soon as it becomes a Top Trade, 100 pip stop loss ( everyone knows I hate stops) Take profits on half position at 100 pips and let the rest run. I do not take every trade that SW gives us. I am also active in other markets and spend my time and money were I expect to get the most return

Hope this helps

1 Like

Small up day for Yen pairs following Friday’s blood bath, but nothing I am seeing tells me the selling of Yen pairs is over

1a

3 Likes

Another sell-off in stocks but the Swiss Franc is holding up well. Anyone here with some insight into the Franc, I am looking at this currency as a possible long term buy and hedge against US inflation

1a

1 Like

This might interest you: How Gold Affects AUD/USD and USD/CHF.

1 Like

Hi again

Can I ask why you use the JPY as the denominator and not say the US or GBP if in the UK?

Does it matter which of the 8 currencies is used for this purpose?

Also, how would you describe to someone how you trade?

Hope the questions are alright, have a great week!

1 Like

Scroll up to Post 1381 for at least an answer to the JPY question

You’re welcome

Also, check Post 1431

And 1476, very interesting

1 Like

Very kind and patient of you. Would be helpful if this reply is pinned at the top of the page, regardless of the page.

1 Like

Beautiful trade on USDCHF…

2 Likes

Market has a good memory when it comes to old Strong Weak zones… +280 pips

2 Likes

Funny going back several years and seeing what I said, I try to be consistent and what I said 5 years ago should be on point with what I said yesterday. But I am only human and sometimes I need to read my own past post to keep on course

1 Like

How do you enter this, as from the sw table. Gbp seems stronger than nzd?

Yen pairs started the day positive but then about noon NYT someone hit the sell button and everything crashed,

1a

5 Likes

Yup. Shorting AJ and CJ. Weirdly, they always go up in Asia session. Then got hammered when UK/US come in.

Thanks Dennis for the thread. Works pretty well on daily with 1.7 atr sl for me. Still finding ways to incorporate this with strategy quant to make full use of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I see price vigorously react to a level under high SW readings. I mark those levels and leave it on the chart. And in future if and when price test these levels - depending on
their reaction I take a trade.

4 Likes

A green day for Yen pairs, I was expecting another afternoon of selling like yesterday but today Yen pairs mostly held on to their gains led by GBP, US stocks look like they have found some support be it weak support. The market is jittery about the new virus and government officials are foaming at the mouth at the thought of new lockdowns and forcing people to take a vaccine that has no effect on the new virus. We clearly are living the back story to the novel 1984

1a

1a2

4 Likes

AUD and NZD getting beat like a …

2 Likes

Downtrends are fine but hopefully risk-off and global economy suppression won’t continue for ever. But I’m finding it hard to think up a fundamental news and events sequence that will dramatically neutralise all the bad news. I can’t see there being a V-shaped recovery for the comms currencies.

4 Likes

another day of blood in the street, the good thing is SW is keeping us on the right side of the trade, Top Trade AUDJPY short has now made nearly 200 pips from its entry

1a

4 Likes