Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Let me help you with that, seek and ye shall find

3 Likes

1a

USD/JPY was top trade for one day back in September, and what a trade it has been, This is what I love about the trades this system gives us, you can be in them for months, USDJPY is now in its 7th month and still making new highs

1 Like

This epic move we are seeing in Yen pairs just continues to break out into new highs

I hope everyone is enjoying the ride

1a

Stocks are on the move too

1a

2 Likes

As we move into the last half hour of equity trading everything is green and all but one are up over 1%

If you are not richer today than yesterday then clearly you are doing something wrong

1a

4 Likes

as long as you are short Yen you are making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1a

6 Likes

No surprise we get a yen pair pullback after yesterday’s big move, Nice gap up open for the DOW,

1a

1 Like

1a

3 Likes

Mild first half day of currency trading, but Stocks are set to open with a bang,

1a

At 10am today everything was green, then something spooked the market, this is why I don’t day trade

1a

1a2

1 Like

One man’s meat is another man’s poison…i was short on AUDJPY anyway.

1 Like

it is all RED today

1a

2 Likes

I see graphics similar to this occasionally. But this one is odd - it shows market sentiment a month ago as “Neutral” so I suppose it refers only to the major broad US indices, not forex?

Of course, Fear and Greed are constants in the FX market

Ugly day on Friday for just about everything, but our long term Top Trade USDJPY just keeps chugging along

1a

3 Likes

Textbook day, we had the big selloff on Friday, continuation in early Monday with an afternoon reversal

What happens tomorrow, I have no idea

1a

1a2

3 Likes

Another red day, I was hopeful for some continuation of yesterday afternoon rally, but the bears are back in control

1a

1 Like

on the FOREX side of things, the easy money from shorting the Yen has clearly ended, Top ranked USD fell the least but still fell, look for the Yen to take down GBP and AUD next and the rest will follow, I am not sure about USD, with rising interest rates it may stay strong for some time

1a

Now here is the scary stuff, 800 point drop for the DOW, and 500 for the NASDAQ, this is bear market stuff we are seeing, and I am amazed it is happening in an election year, it is like congress and the president are clueless to the pain voters are experiencing this year

1a2

5 Likes

Just a simple thought as to how to gauge whether forex market’s trends are currently likely to be consistent or to be unreliable.

Ranking the major 8 currencies from strongest descending to weakest in the normal way its worth tracking where AUD and NZD, the leading risk-on currencies sit: also JPY and CHF, the leading risk-off currencies. The members of these two couples should be close to each other. In a highly trend-respecting environment, the two couples should be at the extremes of the currency table. This would indicate we’re either extremely risk-on if AUD and NZD are at the top or extremely risk-off, if they are at the bottom. In either case, trends should be more consistent and tend to be more prolonged.

Right now AUD is in 4th place and NZD 5th. CHF is 3rd and JPY has just inched up to 6th. The market has no obvious direction. Its like we are caught in a sea fog. In this part of the world a cold sea fog that blows up on the land is called a fret. There could not be a better name.

5 Likes

We are seeing a little dead cat bounce, in a bear market these morning rallies often turn negative by the close

1a