Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

1a

4 Likes

Sleepy day in the market

1a

1a2

1 Like

Will Yen weakness over sometime soon. It has lost at least more than 5% in a month. Huge move for worldā€™s 4th largest reserve currency

any views?

Itā€™s almost impossible to say with any real degree of confidence. Thereā€™s often times of regionalised prices rising and we know how that affects currencies, but we now have a global situation of increased prices and high inflation.

NZDJPY isnā€™t anywhere near the highest itā€™s been in the last decade, so thereā€™s no reason to say it canā€™t continue. The market conditions now are almost unprecedented. But trying to catch a falling knife is never a good idea. So my advice would be stay well clear until thereā€™s a confirmed reversal and some form of fundamental reason to go against a very strong trend.

Like the famous economist John Maynard Keynes said, " the markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent

In simpler terms, Donā€™t bet against the trend

4 Likes

All is well in the SW currency world, only the Euro had a small loss this week against the Yen, and top-rated AUD just completed 10 up weeks in a row against the yen, Donā€™t bet against SW or the trend

1a

5 Likes

image0

I had to hike a mile up a mountain trail to get a cell signal to update my rankings, but what a view!

1a

Currencies up, stocks down, bitcoin way down

1a2

10 Likes

Small gain for AUD, the rest were slightly negative as were stocks

1a

3 Likes

So much for that NZD rate rise

1 Like

Dangerous thinking. The idea that a strong trend is always about to reverse can cause paralysis, so the trader misses out on big moves which have a high probability of success.

Even worse, anticipating a reversal can lead to costly counter-trend positions. My broker reports that 86% of their clients with open positions on USD/JPY are short. They also report that currently 66% of their clients are losing money. There might be some connectionā€¦

4 Likes

We could have had a perfect green day, but no, NZD had to ruin it

1a

1a2

4 Likes

One day you are the pigeon, the next day you are the statue :roll_eyes:

1 Like

1a

3 Likes

My Excel program crashed

here is my rank order

CAD
AUD
USD
GBP
NZD
CHF
EUR
JPY

2 Likes

On this Resurrection Sunday, I was able to resurrect Excel from the dead and reinstall it on my 12-year-old laptop, All seems to be working normal,

Looking at our currencies, it was another all green week for our Yen pairs, Long term SW trade USDJPY continues to hit new highs and is now up over 1400 pips from its entry point

1a

2 Likes

1b

2 Likes

We start the new week mixed but not far from the opening price, Gold and Oil are up over 1%, this should all equal a negative Stock Market open

1a

1 Like

for you gold bugs, could this be a cup/with a handle

Gold is up for the year, only Utilities and Energy can also make that claim

1a

1a2

3 Likes

Hi dennis! Got a question - why did you enter the USDJPY pair? I havenā€™t seen USD top strong, jpy weak for some time!