Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Just following up from earlier in the week…

We can see today how the USDJPY (JPY has strengthened) has declined as soon as it hit the top trade… Nothing against Dennis’s SWA Strategy… This happens from time to time… But you can see it coming…

If you have applied the Momentum Oscillator as I layout earlier this week, you would have had plenty of warning the trend momentum was weakening and would/should have been out of your position (2 points) before the huge reversal at the London Open on Thursday morning…

All part of an alternative risk strategy to relying on a Stop Loss…

I know… Shock, Horror right…

I also coded into the Momentum Indicator a Real Time SWA Percentage Value field (Bottom of Chart), so I don’t have to do the calculations in Excel anymore…

Just take the values and shuffle the order at the New York close.

5 Likes

Great stuff man, thanks for always being incisive, giving freely and positively. I use the COT report as additional confirmation. So commercials had already started unwinding CAD, EUR, CHF, GBP and JPY shorts a week ago. Economic data like the Interest rate decisions across all major economies serve as the final puzzle. I have realized trading when technical analysis and fundamentals are in alignment is a sure fire way of making some serious money.

2 Likes

1a

3 Likes

Note the leap of CHF to the top with astronomical daily moves of 300% plus and for the CADCHF +428% of the ADR(10)

2 Likes

Yen pairs are back in play, Top Trade CHFJPY up 300 pips on Friday. Strong Weak trades keep winning

1a

4 Likes

1a

3 Likes

No where to hide, energy, this year’s safe haven is now looking at its biggest one-month drop since March 2020

US markets closed today, no change in rank order

1a

1 Like

Mostly green day, stocks are in a mild rally, Strong Weak top trades USDJPY, CADJPY and CHFJPY are killing it again

1a

2 Likes

our yen trades just keep going, if you are not making money in this market then you will never make money trading FOREX

1a

3 Likes

No problem, I’m with you

3 Likes

A mixed day, oil was down 6% at one point but has recovered and could be signaling a reversal and heading back up after a two-week correction, Top Trade CHFJPY is up 5 days in a row, and on its way to a 6 week win streak

1a

2 Likes

Our mixed day turned mostly red by days end, Top Trade CHFJPY continues to make us money

1a

2 Likes

I have attached an indicator that will automatically calculate the distance to 200 sma on H4 divided by price.

Saves quite a bit of time in preparing the table entries.

Unfortunately Babypips won’t let me upload the mq4 file. Maybe someone knows a workaround.

5 Likes

Note: I will be traveling on Thursday and will likely not be posting an update

1 Like

Advanced warning from standard mt4 momentum indicator.

Half off at 100 pips, rest to BE + 5.

Could have saved myself some money.

Thanks to Trendswithbenefits.

1 Like

can you email me??

Maybe someone knows a workaround.

Supported file types:

(jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, svg, tiff, raw, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pps, pptx, ppsx, pdf, zip, rar, tar, tgz, gz, tbz2, bz2, 7z, tpl, txt, csv, ex4, ex5, fxh, hts, mql)

Take the mq4 and the ex4 file and ZIP them together

Super Simple Stuff

Or make a copy so as not to confuse yourself, change the extension to " .txt " and upload that

With an instruction for users to change it back to " .mq4 "

On Edit:

Make a ZIP file

2 Likes

DennisSW.zip (874 Bytes)

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I’m seeing only 1 number which appears to be the pip distance, is that right?

And looks like the JPY pairs need a multiple factor in the formula