Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

A big green day on Friday has our Yen pairs all pretty close to where they started the month, with the GBP strongest and USD weakest. I am still holding a side bet on the Yen going back to #8 and as USDJPY long was the play of the year for 2022, USDJPY short is looking like it could be the same for 2023

2 Likes

japan wont let their currency stay strong for very long since they are a significant exporter (despite FOK’S griviences) so i agree with Dennis …that is why I like going with buying cadjpy and nzdjpy now lol before it moves…if you look on the chart you can see strong buying already taking place…i do my sw abit differently …more of a long term perspective and NZD is the strongest and USD is the weakest …YOU can see that on the chart KIWI long is the place to be with rates expected to be up to 5.5 percent …

3 Likes

in fact CADJPY did left right combo which is a very very very powerful signal and now above the TLINE so my view is in a uptrend right now.

2 Likes

AUDUSD may be doing a j hook pattern which may take it to the 0.7300 area …FOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!

1 Like

Not sure about J-hook or Bats, and such, how about ABCD, XYZ, perhaps to share a chart will assist the vision; I see LW has long signal long time now, good lucks

1 Like

Totally agree, you are the voice of reason as usually and you say it so well, thanks

2023-01-23_8-11-01

Interest Rates

If 0.25% higher or lower differential it is considered positive or negative for the currency

7 Likes

A all green start to the week, if these numbers hold the Yen’s three week hold of the number one spot will end

4 Likes

Japan already taking measures to devalue their currency

1 Like

We see this pattern over and over, the Yen makes more round trips form first to last and back to first than any other currency. This is why I have said many times, the best time to short the Yen is when it is #1

Good luck with your trade

4 Likes

We have a new sheriff in town as AUD takes over the #1 spot. This makes long AUDUSD our new Top Trade. AUDUSD as a trade has not gone well for us the last 3 times SW has given us that trade, will this time be different? As many of you know I have money on AUDJPY, an AUDUSD trade would be about the same thing as you are trading a Risk On currency with a Risk off

It was also a nice up day for stocks, led by the NASDAQ, does this mean the bear market is over and risk-on is back in play, it is too early to tell but if that is the case we are here at the beginning

Good luck everyone

4 Likes

Looks abit extended right now.

6 Likes

Lol, that’s pretty funny

4 Likes

I won’t argue with that :rofl:

5 Likes

Brilliant!!!

2 Likes

@Dennis3450 i was thinking the same way. Forex is less volatile to me;i make more money on it than on stocks.

1 Like

Small down day for Yen pairs, Top Trade AUDUSD was up for a small gain

5 Likes

That is funny

1 Like

Good morning and I’m sure you have answered this 300 times but I couldn’t see it/find it. Do you have a video explaining how to calculate the strong weak pairs please?

I remember watching a video of yours before where you did it but that’s probably 2 or 3 years back.

Thank you and I really enjoy your thread.

1 Like

If I could jump in here I would suggest this clip -

2 Likes