Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Brilliant, thank you. This is the video I watched. Gosh it is a few years ago now. Thank you kindly sir.

1 Like

Its OK.
Its so far back I had not even realised Dennis was ever doing video clips.

1 Like

all RED as far as the eye can see

3 Likes

A lot more green as the day’s trading comes to an end

3 Likes

Top Trade AUDUSD is up for a second straight day

6 Likes

Another all green day

4 Likes

More currencies over take the Yen and more to come, Top Trade AUDUSD up for third straight day. My money is on AUDJPY and I like the action today

Stocks have either turned the corner with the NASDAQ now taking the lead, or they are setting us up for one nasty bear trap

8 Likes

I was in audusd and Audjpy and cad jpy … went to cash before the pce tomorrow. I was up 10% this week so taking money off the table is prudent

3 Likes

we still have that strange action where the yen is strong on the same days stocks are up.

NASDAQ continues to lead

4 Likes

Small pullback in Yen pairs on Friday

3 Likes

Yes, that’s odd. Maybe a viable indicator for an unusual level of risk? Like the VIX but more subtle?

1 Like

Reaction to Tokyo area cpi reading Fri morning our time.

Number was higher than Dec and higher than exp - it’s often seen as a leader for the nationwide reading 3 wks hence - more of an indicator i suppose.

Anyways market reacted in Asian to the release by buying Yen which is not a surprise (some guys questioning how come the buys just before the news)

Vix measures implied volatility - there is a better index for measuring implied risk - the Russell

1 Like

I don’t doubt what you say about risk. I have never looked at either the VIX or the Russell.

1 Like

consolidation

Yen continues to trade up and down with major US indexes

5 Likes

With my work nzd over the past 15 weeks has been the strongest currency with usd being the weakest so really watching this pair cad second weakest

The VIX measures expected volatility over the next 30 days - they call it the ‘fear gauge’.

The Russell on the other hand reflects investors appetite for risk - as John Murphy described it back a few years “there could be another MFST lurking there”.

With small caps obviously the risk is higher and likewise the possible reward - thus a real-time indicator of investor risk appetite.

Most recent example is right now:

Russell hr1 first - a lot of buying:
USD2000-this week

And then the SPX coming trundling along:

Both charts over this past 2 days

SPX-this week

3 Likes

A surge today in the CHF and a small gain for CAD, everyone else was down against the Yen, we continue to follow that pattern of Yen strength on days stocks are up

January is over and things are looking good for stocks, the NASDAQ led the way up 9.6% for the month. That should be good news for everyone’s retirement accounts

6 Likes

Just a quick update to that post - how did the S&P behave in the couple of hrs afterwards into the close.

The last candle at 4049.6 - that wasn’t broken - tried to in the final hour but buyers prevailed - risk was on.

SPX at close

1 Like

Stocks have reacted positively to the Fed - as exp USD has fallen.

Market expecting lesser focus on rate rises from the US.

Prices have pretty much played to the script - note the chart on the S&P this morning and how that has played out.

SPX - close Wed

1 Like

I’m happy with that. As the saying goes, good news comes out of uptrends, bad news comes out of downtrends.

2 Likes