Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hello, Dennis3450 and everyone. I’ve been a silent follower of this thread spanning many, many months. I keep coming back to it like moth drawn to flame because the method of trading using strong/weak analysis resonates deeply with me. This may be my first post here but I’m by no means new to this thread.

I am writing to solicit assistance as regards the method and formula Dennis3450 uses to calculate strength. I made a research but the video that was uploaded here to that effect no longer exists. Can someone help me with regard to the video or file to study Denni’s method? Looking forward to your response.

1 Like

The method is listed at the start of the thread. It’s the distance from the 200 moving average for each currency vs the JPY on 4H charts iirc. That’s why JPY is always zero.

2 Likes

Much thanks for the direction. I must have missed that as I discovered the thread long after it had made much progress.

1 Like

Basically, I also don’t have sufficient idea about it but what I use is that I use trend lines and back test the market to find out the support and resistance level. I found it somewhat effective.

1 Like

It is the 4 hour Close price - the 4 hour 200ma price divided by the 4 hour close price. See below. (https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/tce/1/16/1f600.png)

May be an image of text that says "The formula for the column %+-ma is as follows. 37 Daily 38 =SUM(C39-D39)/C39 Copy and paste into the lower cells of the column E40 to E45 when setting up. 4 hour %+- ma 40 41 42 43 44 45 1AUD/JPY 2NZD/JPY 3CAD/JPY 4USD/JPY CHF/JPY 6 GBP/JPY 7EUR/JPY Close Price 200ma Hour 4 hour 91.79 84.584=SUM(C39-D39yC39 84.973 78.852 7.20% 97 97.509 91. 91.613 6. 05% 122.295 295 116.471 4.76% 131.395 125 699 4.34% 161.066 155.414 3.51% 134.448 129.99 3.32%"

2 Likes

Cant see the picture brother

It’s right there, if not, the problem your end

1 Like

Those European currencies continue to dominate

2 Likes

big down day but prices are bouncing back as I post this

2 Likes

Happy Hump day everyone

A mixed start to the day, European currencies continue to lead, and look at Bitcoin

2 Likes

everything went south after my earlier post, but Top Trade NZDCHF short continues to move in our favor

2 Likes

Big day for stocks, but the currencies were rather quiet

2 Likes

All green day to end the week

Big moves by Yen pairs,

Any of you that might live in the UK or Euro Zone, please share with us what you see as being the reason for all three European currencies being so strong

1 Like

Note, I will be traveling on Monday and mostly likely will not be posting an update

Everyone have a great weekend

1 Like

All Red Day

1 Like

2 Likes

If you watch Youtube or any Financial publication, everyone seems to be calling for a major market crash this year. What I have seen over the years is the majority is all most always wrong.

What is everyone’s opinion here, Note, if all of you are picking a crash then I will likely start buying

2 Likes

More Red for Yen pairs, European currencies are holding up the best

2 Likes

2 Likes