Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

No change in order

Top Trade CHFAUD short has been a Top Trade since March, if you survived that big pull back then you are being rewarded now

3 Likes

Dennis,

Trying to replicate your chart in Tradingview for tracking purposes. I always thought that you used Simple Moving Averages (SMA) of 50 and 200, which you usually just state they are MA.

I notice however, when I use a 200 SMA it is much closer to price than what is on your chart, and the description on your chart is “MA 200 MA” - can you clear my confusion?

I’m just thinking if that is the same MA that you use for retracements on the 1-hour occasionally, so it wouldn’t match with what I’m using.

Great thread, thanks for your stamina to keep it going for so long, much appreciated.

2 Likes

This is what is on my chart, as far as I know, I am using the Simple Moving Average SMA

Any Gold bugs out there, we are back above 2K, this has been a tough level to hold and in the past we have seen big declines after reaching it. Will this time be different?

3 Likes

A mostly green day, Gold, Bitcoin and stocks are looking good here

4 Likes

No love for the US dollar as it takes over #8

USDCHF short is our new Top Trade

3 Likes

For the Week
Gold down sliightly
Oil up
Stocks up
All yen pairs up

NZDCHF short is our new Top Trade, looking at the chart, the price is sitting at major support, if that support breaks this could be a big one

2 Likes

There is something wrong there, there must be more settings to that than SMA, some sort of smoothing; I would check it with another indicator if I were you.

Anyone else using Trading view charts? What are you all seeing?

Thanks

1 Like

Yours says it’s applied to close, Dennis’ doesn’t. Maybe his is sma of the high? Or some other setting

1 Like

Maybe it is, that’s exactly what I’m trying to establish here, but let’s hope not as it’s the reading of 4-Hour 200 SMA that is the basis of Strong / Weak ratings.

I’m not criticizing or attacking the system; simply trying to find out the setting of that exact indicator.

Usually, it’s quite easy to search and find with Tradinview but I’m not having any luck, so if Dennis could screenshot the name and settings, I could easily compare it with other SMA indicators.

Have a great trading week, cheers

1 Like

Compare these 1, 2, 3 points of 50 SMA with Dennis chart, and then look at the 200 SMA

1 Like

Here are the settings on my chart, I don’t think I have ever even looked at this, I just took the default setting they gave me. Whatever setting you are using as long as you use the same one all the time you should be fine.

Also FOK in your example above you have your chart set to daily, I am using the 4hr chart to pull my numbers

Here is stockcharts,com vs Tradingview , I am just using the default settings and there is a small difference in the 200 sma 391.22 vs 392.87 using the daily chart of the SPY . If you are using a Bid or Ask price is also going to make a small difference.

I’m not familiar with trading view, but that looks to me like it’s using the 50 SMA as the source of the 200 SMA data. If you click the source box, it’ll probably allow you to change it and be obvious.

2 Likes

Yes, that caught my eye as well, some indicators are very tricky like that on Trading View (TV) but I don’t think it will be the 50 SMA as each indicator has its own presets.

On this chart, the nearest I can find with the name “MA” is shown, and the drop-down list of choices, but I cannot get it to show the MA 200 MA as Dennis chart.

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis - I did NOT question the method of where you pull the numbers. Understand this, please, you posted a DAILY chart of the NZDCHF and that is where I noticed a discrepancy between your 200 SMA line and the indicator that I used, and it’s clear on the 2 Daily charts. Compare the 200 SMA on this chart with your previous chart, the line cuts through the candles, circled, whereas your line is way above. As for using the 4-hour, the indicator adjusts to the timeframe it is on, that’s normal and well understood, unless there is a setting to fix it to the daily but that is not what this is about.

There are 2 things that you can do:

Study the inputs very carefully of the indicator that you are currently using, as shown, or

Apply another MA indicator to the chart, be exact with the inputs, and compare the 2 lines.

This the best that I can explain it, either you see the difference or you don’t, thanks for your time.

1 Like

3 Likes

mixed day but very little movement

4 Likes

All Yen pairs continue to move higher

3 Likes

on a mostly down day our #1 CHF posted a gain

Last Friday’s Top Trade was NZDCHF, and if you took that trade you are enjoying today’s move lower

2 Likes

Roller coaster day, but Top Trade NZDCHF posted another gain

3 Likes