Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

2 Likes

The sad truth is war seems to be good for business, lots of profiteering, both in the sale of weapons and in the rebuilding stage

What a waste

3 Likes

You’re not wrong.

3 Likes

I think we’re going to see a big gap down for most stocks Monday morning.

4 Likes

Are you Putin in disguise? Have you no heart?

Women and children shot and killed by the hundreds, every world leader has condemned this event, even the UN makes a statement; but you declare it’s only a “spat” and brush it off?

Sure, they have been at war for thousands of years but the scale of this is unprecedented at a time when humanity is at its most advanced. Think about it!

1 Like

But Columbus Day in America, I guess by Tuesday they will have the knowledge of how Europe markets behaved.

2023-10-09_6-49-23

2 Likes

It’s actually Thanksgiving in Canada on Monday. Funny that it just says Bank Holiday.

3 Likes

Click the Folder icon to get to the secret stuff, don’t tell anybody!

4 Likes

Half way through Monday’s Asian Session… The Markets haven’t really opened yet…

VIX (Volatility Index), Oil (Brent and WTI) Gasoline all leading the way… To infinity and beyond… Honourable mentions to Gold and Silver…

Combined with a Sea of RED across the major Indices… Lookslikeahellofaweek…

1 Like

Not surprising everything red to start Monday

Let’s take the war talk over to the political opinion thread, there you will get a ear full of how I really feel about this mess

2 Likes

Stocks rebounded, currencies were indifferent

1 Like

4 Likes

Says it all really.

1 Like

All green day, war breaks out, and stocks rally, what more can I say

2 Likes

A mostly green day, I still feel like this market is setting us up for some more pain

You can make an argument that this trade has been active since May

1 Like

I’m supposing that the strength around the markets is down to relief that the conflict in Israel so far only involves Israel and Hamas. To be honest, I expected Hezbollah to launch a heavy attack within 36 hours of Hamas’s. So far, that’s not happening.

2 Likes

Markets will move up and down with each new event, I expect the US to take action soon against Iran, let’s see what markets do then

3 Likes

I assume you mean more sanctions or suchlike, not military action against Iran? But even then, is there really a mood for moves against Iran in the US government and population?

It’s crazy how NZD gets to top strong spot and then does this.

2023-10-12_22-21-30

1 Like

The US government and the people are at complete odds, There are the sheep who will follow and do whatever the government says, and then there are the rest of us who are tired of these endless wars and the interference of other countries’ affairs. I would like us to stay out of the Middle East altogether, but seeing Iran’s leadership at the business end of a cruise missile would not be a bad thing

2 Likes