Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Same pattern in the S&P, lower prices are coming, the only question is how low.

2 Likes

and look at gold, oil is up too but nothing compared to what gold is doing

2 Likes

Gold is going crazy. Hamas started it and Jerome Powell just added rocket fuel. I canā€™t see it being too long before it turns around, but a recession should be coming so it may well stay high for a while yet

2 Likes

US stocks take a beating, CHF and EUR lead

Gold up, stocks down that is a normal market action

4 Likes

Oil, Gold (VIX) all heading skywardā€¦ And a flight to safehaven currenciesā€¦ Franc and the Dollarā€¦ Take note of what other instruments are moving irregularlyā€¦

Exoticsā€¦? Copperā€¦? Cryptoā€¦?

Itā€™s times like these where you see the real world order of currency strengths and weaknessā€¦ Strap in and hold on tight peopleā€¦ This ride has only just begunā€¦

5 Likes

@FOKā€¦ This is how I see my GBP/USD trade. Iā€™m LONG now while you are WRONG now. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

NZD makes a quick run from first to last, Oil prices are up but here in Florida gas prices at the pump are at their low for the year. Yes it is an upside-down world

3 Likes

New Top Trade signal but this has been in a down trend for nearly 2 years

4 Likes

The great thing about FOREX is we can take totally opposite trades and depending on our time frame both be right

We can all be winners

2 Likes

Hi mate, kindly share with me, your Moving average settings and configuration and briefly explain how i can use it. Thanks

Moving average settings are 20 and 150 two simple moving averages on screen no problem

I just use simple moving average, 200 time periods, I like using this on the 4 hr chart, I have been doing this for like 7 years now and that 200 ma on the 4 hr chart seems to be the sweet spot, it keeps us in trades longer and keeps us out of the whipsaw of shorter time frames

4 Likes

Slow start to the week but look at Bitcoin, back above 30K, Bitcoin has been stepping higher for a year now

Bitcoin is my lotto ticket, when it goes to a million I will buy Babypips LOL

5 Likes

@balosneselectā€¦ Iā€™m just an average Joe six-pack like you, and you may even know more than I do. Iā€™m still working on understanding Dennisā€™s SW method, which I have never understood fully. It involves using the same indicators that he uses, the 200MA and 50MA.

@Dennisā€¦ could you please explain the entry and exit points when using this strategy? Iā€™ve never fully grasped how you effectively utilize it.

Have you tried digging up his old posts to unearth any valuables that can answer your question? I did that. Besides, he also has a youtube channel where he spelt out his strategy (does not include entries or exits).

As regards your question, you should use his concept as an extra confirmation tool along with your strategy.

You have to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work of digging to find answers for yourself using the knowledge already graciously provided. That shows you really want to learn this method.

2 Likes

@Torchwaveā€¦ I donā€™t know how helpful your answer is; itā€™s definitely egotistical and compulsive.

The big news of the day is Bitcoinā€™s 6% move today, will it hold?

4 Likes

Hi Dennis, Long time since I have been on. Been looking for other systems that work together well and I have come back to using this system with trading intraday news events, mainly the New York/London sessions but possibly the Asian session too. I cannot remember how I did it last time but I have something that extracts the data and then needs copying over to the excel file. I will try to get back in to it this week. I still have the spreadsheet.

1 Like
1 Like