Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

The guy ask if you can share you excel , you said anyone can do it. I cant do it , i dont have a clue how to . So much for caring and sharing. Where can download dennis? Can this method be made into an indicator for mt4? Has anyone made a mt4 indi out of this ??

Where is the stipulation about caring & sharing?

His request was not that specific in my opinion, and you’re right, it is hard work, not everyone can do it.

I guarantee I could share the spreadsheet and after a week, nobody would be using it.

If you Strong / Weak for day trading, just watch this right here, it’s awesome.

For the long term, just follow this thread, easy peasy.

Currency Strength Meter

I agree with FOK, and you don’t need an indicator to trade this excellent system developed by Dennis. He provides all the rules you need to create your own simply spreadsheet for calculating the Strong ‘vs’ Weak.

As for an indicator, what would you want it do for you? An indicator has already been published in this thread, try searching for iAA_DB_Currency_Strength_V2.01.ex4, here or in google.

TimeFX

2 Likes

Thank you, how and where can i download this indicator please??

Question is vague:

Which indicator?

For which platform?

Whom are you asking?

Good Luck

Where did you go? Lost interest already?

Just when I’m in the sharing & caring mood on weekends.

Here is the data entry, calculations, and sorting area of the spreadsheet.

2024-04-06_10-52-03

Also, I have shown this earlier, but you didn’t read much of the thread, and since I made changes, another reason not to give it out, but here is what I have now.

I collate the most recent 10, 20, and 50 days of S/W, then sort them to detect any trends or changes.

And taking it further, I then collate those 3 results into an overall table; does that help anyone? Should be extra confirmation of the S/W situation, long-term, if nothing else.

2024-04-06_10-51-15

Trade Responsibly

2 Likes

Thanks for the support and voice of reason. :heart_eyes:

Yes, you can do a simple spreadsheet, but you don’t even need that as Dennis publishes daily, and even if he doesn’t the pairs, he trades don’t require any urgency, so just make a list of those that he mentions and plot them on a chart.

Here is the list of MY signals, which are different from DENNIS signals, and not YOUR signals either, but that’s the way it goes. The number on left is signals for 2024, and the number on right is for when a pair makes a second signal.

2024-04-06_11-05-32

And here is a multi-chart that I plotted those signals on, easy to switch to any of the pairs, OH, for Metatrader 4 users which is about 90% of people isn’t it?

Just add your favorite trend indicator, pick a period, and voila, you have a trading plan, sure-fire winner when you read the price action as well.

How’s my sharing & caring going? Remember to Heart all my posts to show that you do care, thanks, and think of this:

“Competition is the law of the jungle, but cooperation is the law of civilization.” Peter Kropotkin

Trade Responsibly

NOTE: there is a 3-post limit, makes it hard to share too much I guess, have to add to this post, that’s all for now, your turn.

Same chart but on Tradingview, and observing the Yearly, Monthly, and Weekly Opens; can you spot them?

Also, the 50 and 200 moving averages crossed, originally known as the Golden Cross, mainly used for stock markets in the early days of technical analysis.

2 Likes

I should be done traveling for a few weeks,

2 Likes

Well, well, well, look at what the Strong / Weak are doing today.

1 Like

Except for Bitcoin and our Top SW trade, it has been a slow day. I guess everyone is out watching the solar eclipse

2 Likes

3 Likes

Dennis im new around here but heard of your amazing discovery n work a long time ago. I appreciate your efforts , knowledge and kindness you have showed for all these years and continue to demonstrate, without allowing your ego to to get the best of you.

Stay well, Stay strong !!

Ur a legend

2 Likes

Another quiet day in the market

2 Likes

Not much happening, but Top Trade AUDCHF keeps grinding higher

4 Likes

I have not seen this much red in a while

2 Likes

3 Likes

USD reclaims its’ rightful position at the top; have you seen those daily candles? I’m a believer!

Is there a minimum numbers of days between signals? I don’t think so, I will log them for 2024 as it is interesting.

USDCHF the first pair to give 3 long signals and the Golden Cross of 50 / 200 MA’s.

Who is watching The Masters golf? Just had a thought, if Dennis is the PGA, then I’m LIV.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Trade Responsibly

This is why it is interesting to keep a log of the trade calls; who remembers this?

No wonder 2024 has been the most difficult FX trading year ever, and just getting started.

2 Likes

4 Likes

We have a sea of red to end the week, the only things doing well are gold and Yen

2 Likes