Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hi Dennis
this is really creative strategy. Well done!
could you please also share how you setup stop lose and take profit method?
how can you determin the trend is over and take the profit?
Thank you!

1 Like

This is entirely on you and your comfort, I like wide stops like 500 pips wide, others will not let a trade go below -100 pips, for profits, if in more than one contract taking 100 pip profit on half your position and let the rest run with a breakeven stop is a good beginner way to get started

You can never know for sure, just know you will never take profit at the top( or bottom) , just don’t let a winner turn into a loser and you should be fine

4 Likes

Top Trade NZDJPY is at the +500 pip mark,

I love how Strong Weak does not get us into this trade until the old trend has clearly been broken

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply, Dennis.
one more question:
do you always trade only two currency: the strongest and weakest one.
or possible check others : top2, or bottom 2?
Thank you

1 Like

These are some incredible negative numbers

2 Likes

Sure, stick to your favorite pairs

2 Likes

It’s understandable when looking at the context of 2024, right back to this year’s open.

2 Likes

Another red day

2 Likes

and they always fall a lot quicker

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s just a sea of red to end the week

American politics is a mess, wars are breaking out all over the world and the US has a man in the White House unable to perform his duties. It would seem the markets might be finally taking notice

2 Likes

It was an ugly week for Yen pairs but those who stuck to my Strong Week picks are sitting pretty

3 Likes

Wow! and I thought Friday was bad

2 Likes

These are some epic numbers we are seeing

Take your pick, NZD or AUD/JPY this is a months worth of pips in just two days

3 Likes

More Troubles for stocks, the DOW alone saw a 700-point slide from its session high, Yen pairs on the other hand had their own dead cat bounce but unlike stocks, they were able to hold on to most of their gains

2 Likes

3 Likes

It’s an up day for stocks but this sure looks like it is setting us up for another move lower

2 Likes

Yen pairs are slowly clawing back, but have we seen the low?

2 Likes

Big Announcement

Next week I will start my hike on the Appalachian Trail

I am doing the southern half from Georgia to West Virginia ( 1,000 miles) I will be gone for up to 3 months. I plan to continue this thread when I return

Wish me safe travels, and I wish all of you profitable trading in my absence

7 Likes

Enjoy and best of luck Dennis
John

1 Like