Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

We start the new week with some shuffling among the top three, and EURCHF will be our latest Top SW Trade, this has had a monster 5 day move, how much is left. I also like EURUSD on any pull back

Some words of caution, we have had a new SW trade the last 3 days, if you look back to February we had 5 straight days of new SW trades, 3 of the 5 did not get above 100 pips. When you start seeing new trades pop up every day that is a sign of a market consolidating and we do not always know where the strength and weakness will be when trends resume so be careful, Also the last three SW trades have us short the CHF, If the Swiss was to reverse here that would give you three losing trades. If I were taking all three ( EURCHF, CADCHF & AUDCHF) I would reduce my normal trade size so not to be harmed if we do get a reversal.

Winning at this game is all about managing your risk

3 Likes

Pull back day for all our Top SW trades, current Top SW Trade EURCHF was not spared but was able to remain in the positive

1 Like

After a one day pull back, our Top SW Trade EURCHF answers doubters with a strong up move today

1 Like

All Yen pairs are down today, but the 4 most resent Strongest currencies are holding up the best, no reason not to see this down day as a place to look for new entries, only one to be cautious with is CAD, energy looks to be rolling over here and that will not help the CAD

No change in Top SW trade, JPY seems to be on a slow trend back to the Top, CAD weakens as Oil prices pull back

1 Like

Hey Dude, I was wondering two things. First, when you say market close, what time EST are you talking about? Second, will your update you list tonight.

Very good discussion, and thanks for the time you put into it.

The Ever Thankful VIPER

I use the numbers from the last candle of the 4 hr chart as of 5 pm eastern time which is the close of the daily candle, I normally will include Friday’s closing numbers in my end of week Market Trends video. There should be lots to talk about as some of our long running trends look to be coming to an end

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I find your posts to be informative, well balanced, with a refreshing lack of Guruness. So post on Braugh :surfer:

The Ever Avoiding Guruness VIPER

1 Like

You learn more about your trading ability during a down week, than an up week. We clearly had that this week as most of my Top Strong Weak Trades have pulled back from their highs, Most of these trades have already hit profit taking point, If you are properly managing your risk then this little pull back should be no big deal.

Here is my weekly review of my Top Trades

4 Likes

It’s about time Braugh, you would think you are doing this for free, oh wait.

Thanks for the update

The Ever Hawaiian Shirt Wearing VIPER

1 Like

Euro and CHF hold steady while Yen rises and NZD sinks, Top SW Trade EURCHF stays positive , Long term SW Trade EURGBP hit a new high today

Yen continues to trend higher

most of my current Top SW Trades seem to have run their course and are pulling back as the market rotates, but one continues to march higher, EURGBP hit another new high today

1 Like

Hi Denis, good morning from the Far East.

As you mentioned, the JPY is starting to move up the ranking against most currencies. Do you ever try to pre-empt a trend, getting in as early as possible, if there are technical reasons to do so? I ask in reference to a trade I opened yesterday, based on the yen moving up the ranking. I shorted the Kiwi Yen as it dropped back off resistance at 83.5 a few days ago, and there is a hint of a double top on the weekly chart.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Trading off my SW rankings is only one way to trade, taking good technical entries based on price action is always an option. In regards to the Yen, I have noted many times the Yen likes to move from strongest to weakest and back many times during the year, so buying the Yen when it is weak and selling it when it is strong has worked in the past

Good luck

1 Like

New Top SW Trade EURNZD, and reversal move in CHF, I am not jumping into any new trades right now as most of the market is in counter trend moves

YTD Top SW Trade EURUSD after pulling back for a week had a nice reversal candle ( pin bar) today. This is the only trade I am currently in

I am looking at a number of pin bar reversals in Yen pair, this could be telling us the rally in Yen may be short lived

1 Like

So much for the market teasing us yesterday with a Yen reversal, Today was all Yen strength., short NZDJPY is our newest Top SW Trade, this one was a Top trade on the long side just two weeks ago. Yesterdays Top SW Trade EURNZD was up as much as +183 pips on it’s first day as a top trade.

1 Like