Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Year to Date we see a strong Euro and a weak USD, outside of these two the rest of the market has been in a tug of war and not making any long term moves

Looking at a YTD daily chart of EURUSD, after a little pullback price is moving up again, this is the pair of the year, until something changes this is a buy on any pullback

This is a reset for most of our trades as many trends have reversed, still seeing some good moves in our newest trades, plus new high in a long term trade

All this and more in my weekly SW trade video

2 Likes

Hello Dennis, do you trade with FXCM Trading Station standard acc, or is it only for analysis ?

Sadly all US accounts were moved off FXCM and on to Forex.com , But I still use FXCM Trading Station for analysis, I just like their charts a lot better

Another new Top SW Pair CHFJPY as the CHF falls back to 8th, this is 3rd new Top SW Trade in last 4 trading days, not a good thing when the market is turning over this often, use caution here, just because we have all these new trades and I am tracking them , does not mean you have to enter all these trades, I am selective and you should be too

3 Likes

Long Term SW Trade EURGBP hit another new high topping +400 pips

Top SW Trade EURNZD inches to a new high

Top SW Trade NZDJPY has pulled back from it’s entry point and if giving us a nice pin bar reversal on the daily chart. I am not in this trade but a pin bar reversal at a major moving average is hard to pass up

Euro retakes the #1 spot as NZD retakes the #8 spot, EURNZD was already a Top SW Trade as of Aug 9th and hit a new high today, ( see my earlier post) CHF exploded to the upside. Lots of back and forth action here as the market tries to digest the strong trends we have seen the last few months

2 Likes

Tie at the Top between Euro and Yen, all the comdolls were up today, Top SW Trade EURGBP has been a top trade going back to late May and has never ended it’s uptrend, up over +400 pips

YTD Top SW Trade EURUSD, is giving us a nice flag pattern, I am looking for this to head higher soon

As US stocks take a big hit, the Yen rallies to a firm grip on the #1 spot, Yesterdays co-Top SW Trade short GBPJPY scored 100+ pips on the day, How long yen rallies depends on how long US stock correction continues

Mixed bag this week as we have a consolidating market, here is a round up of all Top SW Trades for the week

2 Likes

Like with US Stocks , very little change today in our currency rankings

3 Likes

USD lead higher today which is odd as US stocks rallied, that in a normal market would mean a USD decline, but nothing is normal in this Central Bank economy.

Last 3 top Strong Weak trades continue to do well,
GBPJPY +224 pips
EURGBP +448
EURNZD +226

1 Like

My Top SW Trades are ripping higher today, EURGBP tops +500 pips, and EURNZD is up +370 pips,

Matching a strong currency to a weak and trade in the direction of the trend continues to payoff with big winners

1 Like

Top SW Trade from Aug 10th was NZDJPY, this one has spent the last two weeks in the negative, but if you stuck with it you were rewarded today

No change at the top but the weak became very weak, lead by NZD and GBP

My Top SW Trades did very well on the day as you can see by my earlier post

For the patient trader my SW Trades continue to score big gains

1 Like

Top SW Trade update

My 5 most recent Top SW Trades are
GBPJPY, EURGBP, EURNZD, CHFJPY and NZDJPY

Had you entered all 5 of these trades your combined gains as I post is +1,107 pips

1 Like