Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

This year so far…:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Great week for all currencies traded against the US dollar, Swiss Franc was the best, USDCHF will be our 4th Top SW Trade of the year, This is not one I normally trade and already being long EUR and AUD against the dollar I will just be a spectator on this one.

1 Like

I happen to be a proponent of consistency: stick to a strategy, and trade it whenever it presents a signal. Sometimes I’ll win, sometimes I’ll lose. But the important thing is that my portfolio expectancy (which comes from consistency) is positive. I’m all over the USD/CHF short.

2 Likes

Little bit of a pullback as the US Dollar was strongest on the day but it was a weak move and nothing to change our bear outlook for the dollar

1 Like

Two straight days no change in our rankings, Top Trade short USDCHF was positive a few pips early then pulled back, Odd thing about today’s action is the complete disconnect from today’s stock market selloff, normally on a big down day in stocks we would expect to see a surge in the Yen, that did not happen

1 Like

A little shuffling around of the middle 4 but another slow day, I will be back later with a summary of my Top SW Trades for the month

1 Like

Prices are starting to turn back in favor of our Top SW Trades following a pullback, Current Top Trade USDCHF made a new low today which is a new high for our profits as inch closer to the 100 pip mark. Euro and NZD look ready to breakout to new highs against the US dollar, Aussie is the weaker of our US trades

1 Like

Hi Ngula,

Hope you are enjoying your USDCHF profits, EURUSD looks ready to breakout to new highs, if it does it should give a nice boost lower for USDCHF

1 Like

Here is a review of all our January trades. Great start to the new year

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,
Only up +150 pips, but I’ll hang in there till my exit plan tells me otherwise.

2 Likes

World stock markets are crashing and will have an effect on our currencies. For now following the trend from my SW rankings is keeping us safe.

Dollar improves as comdolls fall, New SW Trade CADCHF is in a strong downtrend, not one a normally trade but will track it

Stock markets stabilized a bit today and the currencies consolidated. If the markets continue this dead cat bounce for a few days some of the last month’s Top Trades could resume their trends

midday, US dollar remains strong even as US stocks rally, which makes me wonder if the two-day stock rally may not last. Long term I am bearish on the dollar, but we will see periods of dollar strength, so trade with that in mind

I will be away from the computer at the close so I pulled these numbers at 2 pm est.

weakness in the comdolls and Yen may be the play

1 Like

Sorry for the late post, but it has been a busy week, there is more to life than FOREX trading

Swiss Franc has held it’s #1 spot and our current Top SW trade short AUDCHF hit the +100 pips mark on its first full day as our top trade, the other two Swiss trades are not doing too well, After some early gains USDCHF is sitting at a loss, short CADCHF is sitting near breakeven

1 Like

Thanks Dennis! We greatly appreciate your daily contributions!

3 Likes

Swiss Franc has completed now two full weeks at #1 but our three CHF trades have been pretty much a dud so far with only AUDCHF topping 100 pips. The huge correction in US stocks and world markets have had a marginal effect on the FOREX markets, sure we have seen the COMDOLLS move from Strong to Weak, the move is pretty normal for a market rotation.

Note: Swiss Franc has been #1 for 11 trading days, last year CHF only spent a total of 3 days in the #1 spot. I normally do not trade the CHF as it most often is a little weaker than the Euro when the Euro is strong and stronger than the Euro when the Euro is weak

Any further gains in our CHF trades will require more selling in the Stock market, Monday should give us a clue as to where we go from here

1 Like

Very little movement in the currencies on a day that saw the DOW up +400 points, Yen nudges out the Franc for the top spot, I will track the JPYCAD as a Top SW trade but this is not one I will be trading.

personally, I am looking for the USD to continue down and will be looking for trades to short the dollar

Hi Dennis, just wondering about your logic for passing on the Cad/Jpy trade. I noticed there is a bullish hammer, and also it is on a recent support level. Is this what you are seeing, or is it because its a pair you don’t normally trade?

Risk Management, I already have several trades I am letting play out, If I were to close one of them and CADJPY gave me I nice setup for a secondary entry then I might bite.