Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

CadJpy :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Are you trying to make me feel bad for not taking my own trade signal. :grinning: :relaxed:

Big day for the Yen as stocks take a breather, and another win for our Top Strong Weak trades

1 Like

Price action was just too good to pass on!

1 Like

I ended up taking the Cad/jpy short too! Its not at a point where i can take any profit as per my rules, but its in the black for now.

2 Likes

Good day for the Yen, Top SW trade short CADJPY was up +118 pips before pulling back. As the USD weakens we could see some of our January trades come back into play

1 Like

This is the type of correction you get when the news media lies and the market buys that lie

You are absolutely 100% correct, The smart money knows this and will trade against the lie,

1 Like

What was the lie? I have a eur/usd long and usd/chf short, when i woke up these trades were going against me. But I’ll let the trade play out…and so far its going fine.

Russia, Russia, Russia

Spending some time with the Wife, if I post any updates it will be late tonight

3 Likes

Thanks for your contributions Dennis, and have a good time!

1 Like

Little change in the Rankings, we did see our Top Trade short CADJPY hit a new low which gave us a new high of +169 Pips, but then completely reversed the move a finished higher, If you are in this trade I hope you banked some profits today

Bonus trade EURUSD after a pretty good pullback is now challenging the 1.2500 level. Baring any major central bank action I see EURUSD moving 1000+ pips higher from here before years end

Another strong day for the Yen, No new high for our top trade short CADJPY but that is not the only trade to be looking at, any pair with a 2% or more spread and widening should be considered, one I like is USDJPY,

1 Like

Hi @Dennis3450, I have been following your system for a few months now and it is a very sound and stressless strategy by which to trade. I have added a bit of a twist to your system by drawing two values from the data.

Data from QM4 CSM with currency strength values 1 - 10 displayed

Forex Currency Strength Calculations

I’m trialing a system which displays a short term ( H4, H1, M15) and long term (M1, W1, D1) result.

ie: SW Short Term Trade - Buy on the EUR-NZD currently +31 pips

ie: SW Long Term Trade - Sell on the USD-CHF currently +3 pips

Any ideas or feedback, good or bad would be greatly appreciated Dennis, Cheers

3 Likes

Looks good, keep a log of your trades, even if it is just paper trades and update us from time to time. Strong Weak trading is the best strategy I have found, and I am always interested in how other traders have added their own modifications to improve or fit their trading style

Keep up the great work

2 Likes

It was a great week for the Yen and our Top SW Trade short CADJPY up +188 pips for the week

Being short AUD and USD against the Yen would also be great trades until market tells us another wise I will be watching for pullbacks and reentry signals

1 Like

Small pullback for the Yen as most US markets were closed, expect things to be a little more active tomorrow and the rest of the week

Pound and US dollar lead the day, nothing yet to suggest any major trend changes

My SW rankings have given us 7 Top SW Trades so far this year and 6 have topped 100 pips, GBPUSD has been our biggest winner topping out at 361 pips. Only the CADCHF has failed so far but this one is still in play and may still hit the 100 pip mark

I’m waiting for a good re entry point for the EUR/USD. It has been going down, but as long as i can get some price action confirming a return to the overall trend, i will get in for a buy.