Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Thank you Dennis for the explanation.

Post Quality
In order to try to maintain a certain level of quality in discussions here, we ask that you strive to ensure that each post you make is:

Meaningful – says something of substance
Relevant – on topic and helpful, not generic advice
New – something that hasn’t already been said in the thread

Doh - I actually looked up your reply !

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

ok mate - at the time of my reply - you said you had read “MOST” of the thread -

Your stats showed 1 hour of read time and 315 post read. The thread was 1324 posts long - so even allowing for the fact that you only spent 12 seconds on each “Read post” - you were still less than 25% of the way through the thread - and many of those posts took several minutes each to read and understand, Your statement was clearly a simple LIE !

• Now you come back with some random post - the point of which I fail to comprehend.

You wanna report me for some sort of abuse ? - Go for it ! :slight_smile:

Just created an account here… I just want to thank Dennis for sharing all of this information with us and the SW rankings/strategy. It took a couple days but I have read every post on this thread and can confirm everything that people are asking in the last 100 posts have been answered in the first 1000, answered several times actually… Anyways, looking forward to this trading week!

5 Likes

Not much of a change from Friday

2 Likes

The question was asked earlier how to tell a pullback from a reversal, here is a good example using a recent Top SW Trade, GBPCAD* look at the shaded area, see how on last Wednesday and Thursday we had two strong down candles followed on Friday and Monday two weak up candles, This is what a pullback looks like, I would expect price to soon resume its downward trend.

8 Likes

Good analysis Dennis. I also picked up on how much larger the morning star is to the previous hand full of bars. This could be a trend reversal, and off of a key price level to boot.

1 Like

Thanks for the example. Clearly understood

Here is a summary of our 15 Top SW Trades for 2018, Not a bad run, simply grabbing a quick 100 pips from each of these trades would have netted you an easy 1500 pips, going for 200 pips with a breakeven stop would have earned you 1800 pips, Our #16 trade of the year GBPCAD* is going through some growing pains as it has pulled back from our entry, but give it time,

1 Like

Strength returns to the US dollar, current Top Trade NZDUSD* joined the +200 pip club

Top Trade GBPCAD* has pulled back for 3 days and now is finding resistance at the 200 ma on the 1hr chart, if resistance holds great, if not and price moves above the 200ma, a good secondary entry would be on price breaking back below the 200 ma. this is a weak move up, Nothing to support it continuing

3 Likes

Hit my TP for the other half of my position!

I’m adding another position here.

Hello, Dennis

You have inadvertently re-posted Monday’s rankings on Tuesday.

No real harm was done.

According to my calculations, from Monday to Tuesday, the USD and the CAD have gotten even stronger, the NZD has gotten even weaker, and the EUR and CHF have traded places.

We shall await your Tuesday numbers.

This is a great methodology, by the way. – Kudos, once again, my friend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, after yesterdays miss post, I think I got it right today, and thank you, Clint, for spotting that. I guess I need to put a disclaimer. Major come back for our GBPCAD* trade

Follow up to our "What is a pullback " lesson, after a three-day pullback, GBPCAD took back everything it had lost the last three days, now we need to see some follow through

1 Like

We are going through some sideways consolidation

You admit to being bad at Excel, probably why you didn’t see that the formula =SUM(C5-D5)/C5 is a bit weird

There is nothing to SUM, all it needs is =(C5-D5)/C5

Which is straightforward math calculation

Good luck

Here is my first effort at doing the spreadsheet calculations. Results are very close, only the broker difference I think, as the pairs sorted the same.

The examples I have seen here show the input table as vertical, which means people are doing extra typing to then transfer the results into the main table.

I made the Price Data Entry table horizontal, I input the price data in the pairs sorted alphabetically as that is how they are in the Symbol Changer on the JPY chart, please see the pictures.

Once the data is entered, simple matter to sort the pairs by the Yellow highlighted area, by Percentage. Note: the lower box is ONLY to show how that works; I only need the top box for entry and sorted, lower box will be deleted by the time you read this.

After that, easy to copy and paste the sorted Pairs with Percentage into the main table for evaluations! A little conditional color formatting to make it pretty.

Good luck, wow, new users can only attach 1 picture, standby for the other 2

2 Likes

Here is the Price Data Entry box mentioned in previous post