Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

And finally, the main table for evaluations and record keeping, cheers Dennis3450

2 Likes

Looks like you got the math right, now go make some money

3 Likes

Thanks, I will once I get more data collected and there is a fresh signal. Seems NZD might be pausing here while the USD lost momentum. I’ll watch for retracement entry or complete reversal, hope you locked in the majority of pips from April 25.

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Just want to say a big thank you for the time in publishing these reports, I just have a quick question. Do you ever look at the 1 week charts, I noticed on the GBPCAD* 1 week chart that there seems to be support around the 50 Ma. I just wanted to know your thoughts?

1 Like

The weekend is when I will look at the weeklies, and not just FOREX but the other markets I trade, support, resistant and reversals can be very powerful on the weekly. If you are trading on technical analysis price action on the weekly overrides anything from the daily, just the daily overrides the 4hr and 4hr overides the 1hr

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,

Do you trade all 28 pairs using this strategy?

Attached is a signal on GBPAUD (22 Nov 2017), before market goes in the right direction it retraced about 366 Pips, how do you manage your trade in such situations ?

Green Arrows are when the pair is strongest or second strongest

Thanks

Thank you very much Dennis

1 Like

Amazing Thread @Dennis3450

I had a question regarding your analysis, Its something you said a while ago:
"I use the yen as my common denominator, % you see is distance price is above or below 200 ma on 4hr chart."
Why do use a 4hr chart as a source for data collection? and then do you use this data to trade daily charts? Has this approach given you a better chance at conquering the market?

I have a core list of 7 pairs I trade, but I am rethinking that as this year there have been a lot of Top SW pairs not in my core list

GBP with anything can be difficult to trade as it can have some big swings and cover a lot of pips in a day, there is good reason why GBPJPY is called " Riding the Dragon" one way to manage these swings is to keep your position small, no in advance where your support is and if hanging on during a 300 pip pullback will be too painful then you may want to skip the trade, another trick is to watch the 200ma on the 1hr chart, if you are long and the day closes with price below the 200ma you may want to exit the trade, but go long again when price breaks back above the 200ma, this way you protect yourself from a big loss but can have a second chance should price move back in your direction

3 Likes

I learned Strong Weak trading using the 4hr Chart and 200 ma, It has always worked so I stuck with it, you could get numbers close to mine using the Daily and 33 or 34 ma. When making technical trades I almost always use price action from the daily. and yes this approach has turned me from one of the 90% who always lose, to the 10% of winners

2 Likes

Whoa, what am I missing here? Please define the “right direction” before placing the trade. Because I see it moved, first 400+ pips in the up direction, and then if survived the down spike, it moved second to 500 pips in the up direction - both are larger than 386 pips down you mentioned.

Most traders would be happy to take 100 or 200 pips from this pair, even on a trailing stop loss. But obviously you must be looking to hold for weeks off a daily signal, so your target must be 1,000 or 2,000 or more pips, right? In that case 386 pips drawdown is nothing.

One thing I notice in the videos is, only maximum pips are shown, never any entries, stop loss or take profits are shared. Which is fair enough, I believe Dennis has said that he is sharing an analysis technique only and not a full trading plan.

And that trading plan is for each individual trader to design. In the example, how, where, what level would you decide to place the initial stop loss and take profit? If you have those elements planned, I think you can answer your own question.

Good luck

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the reply. As you said “Right Direction” means different to every trader. And I accept this was a poorly picked example as it move 400+ pips before the retracement. I plan my trades on weekly charts and then I look for the SW to enter in the direction of the trend and in that terms I meant “Right Direction”, below is a my weekly chart of GBPAUD.

I’ve done some further research and Dennis first points out the GBPAUD in Post 909 on Oct 13, note - Consolidation remarks

There is a video in Post 912 where he mentions there is no action because the percentage between the high and low is so close together, less than 2%

1 Like

However, 2 weeks later when the market has moved, he then claims huge pip gains, but never fear, he says this about it in Post 932.

“No smoke and mirrors here as I document each of these trade setups in real time on this thread”

Well worth watching that video post 932, to see the pips claimed, but as it happens, that was the market top.

Certainly good advice to read all the thread, now to find the trade documentation.

1 Like

Continue with GBPAUD analysis, Post 980 video goes off on a distraction about Bitcoin but hey, no smoke & mirrors here.

There is a 1,000 pip trade in progress, got to love the videos, they seem to pick the turns precisely!

Not bad for a trade that was not even entered due to “no action” previously.

Someone should open demo account just to log the actual signal days and prices, as I can’t find the claimed trade documentation yet, please help me find it.

Not knocking this method, it surely will work, but a good understanding of price action will be needed to trade actual dollars, real account.

I think even a daily close above / below the signal will prevent getting into those draw down situations.

1 Like

Hi FX_Johnny,

This method was proposed by Richard Krivo, and I have traded the system for about a year and I am pretty convinced that it works, there were few problems that I encountered with this method which I am working on.

1. Not enough trades ~ Have to work on my patiences
  2. Trades initially go into draw down upon the signal ~ Patiences again !
  3. Scaling out is a must and balancing scaling out vs. risk reward was a headache ~ Testing different combinations of Scaling out.

Following is an indicator that I developed to track the signals as you can see, it is pretty accurate. It is a question about how we enter the market.

1 Like

We had a week of consolidation and sideways price action,

2 Likes

Richard Krivo is the man, he got me to stop day trading and focus on long-term moves, that is when my trading luck changed for the good

Yes patience is no dought the hardest thing to master in this type of trading

6 Likes

how about the result

What a legend, I learned so many things from him, he was the best instructor at DailyFX.