Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I’ll be guessing that is where the PURE PRICE ACTION kicks in

On another note, did you see that guy on X forum he says, as if it was his analysis

“Here is some fun… When the JPY is the strongest with this method… It always goes back to the weakest and vice versa.”

goes on with many quotes of Dennis, praises the unique formula

Unique formula? it’s a Simple Moving Average = Neil

2 Likes

Hello all

so according to yesterday’s SW analysis, GBPAUD to Short. Did anyone take that short?

Hi I placed a pending just below last 4h candle… that is also below the H1 retracements on 200sma

goes on with many quotes of Dennis, praises the unique formula. RE: as if it was his analysis

Quote - Unique formula… It’s a simple moving average. End Quote

Have you seen any formula like it before anywhere on the Internet?
NO!!! Then it’s a unique formula even though its a 200 simple moving average… You forgot the 4 hour bit.

Bill

Well, DOH, that was posted in 1422, but here it is again for those that didn’t read the recent thread

1 Like

Today’s SW ranking is going to show EUR/AUD short as the likeliest trade – but, I would approach this trade very cautiously (if at all), for the following reasons:

• the EUR is rated weak only because nothing else is weaker at this time

• the EUR has been strengthening since May 29

• the AUD and the EUR appear to be gaining strength about equally

Here’s a picture:

2 Likes

8 days and eight different Top SW Trades, look how #1 was held by 4 different currencies and each time only for 2 days, for this pattern to continue that would mean New Zealand #1 tomorrow. Best to sit back and wait for the market to start trending again. This is the time in our trading we need to be patient and smart

3 Likes

WOW, using my own unique method, arrived at the same EURAUD result, awesome

1 Like

lots of questions as we see the market go into a very confused state of pullbacks, reversals, chop, consolidation. This is not the type of market we want to be entering new trades, my advise to anyone looking to trade any recent SW trade signal, “don’t” We had a great 6 month run and now the market is looking to take a price for all that trading success. If you do take a trade be very picky and know in advance you could be in for a bouncy ride. As for myself, I will be using this time as an education as I wait for a more favorable market

1 Like

hey johngreat, watch the price action, wouldn’t you like to sell 100 or 150 pips ABOVE the signal? Or right on the famous Dennis 200 SMA on 1 hour chart, too easy, each trader must have a plan, if retracement is your thing, looks great right now!

2 Likes

Looks like history repeats itself!

This was from post 1208 in March 30.

Thanks for the insight. With a favorable market… do you like to see SW pairs staying the same for a week before you buy/sell? couple weeks? Just trying to figure out what a favorable market looks like in terms of S/W pairs.

Just eight hours after becoming our latest Top SW trade EurAUD* was up over 100 pips then retraced the whole down move in just two hours, I told you taking trades right now will be a bouncy ride

Note, look how the 200 ma on the 1hr chart is holding price, Tell me there is not some big money players moving this market at that moving average

2 Likes

A favorable market is when you do not have new trade signals every freaking day, our Top Trades stay on top for over a week, and we have some long term buy and hold trades that can give us over 1000 pips

That is the market I am willing to risk my capital,

3 Likes

and finally we break the pattern as AUD stays strong for the 3rd day, and we might see the Yen back at the 8th spot tomorrow, just 6 days after being #1,

3 Likes

YAY! Twice I’ve gotten close to the same thing you have Dennis. I know it’s not hard, but it’s good to have confirmation.

I demo traded G/A yesterday from yesterday’s results; bagging 75 pips in 2.5 hrs.

4 Likes

I’ve read the whole thread, been fascinated by it, and your results. Will watch closely over the next week, as presently the figures are saying AUD is strong, but the AUD/USD and AUD/JPY are at areas of strong resistance. So I’m expecting a turn down of the AUD for both pairs at least for the next day or two, should be very interesting.

Do you mean the day before on the 4-June-18 ?

But it went up on 5-June-18, surely the chart has GBP as negative percentage (sell?) and AUD as positive percentage (buy?), so did you buy GBPAUD?

Pretty funny if you did, as also today 7-June-18, with the 6-June-18 signal, it has shoot up again at least 100 pips

Sold on 5 June (EA would’ve been a winner too), but since then GA & EA didn’t meet my other SW criteria, so I didn’t trade. The extra criteria being that the percentage for strongest needs to be in excess of 1% and the weakest needs to be in excess of -1%. On 5 June GBP was at a -.95%, so I didn’t trade it in the “SW sense”. I’m also using TDI and paying attention to PA. Using these extra criteria seems to eliminate flat liners or moves in the wrong direction; keeping me out of a loss/huge DD. The 6 June calc’s does not have ANY pair in excess of -1%, so NO TRADING under these guidelines.
I did notice the big move today…bummer in the sense that “why didn’t I see that coming!?” Using “just” this strategy a person wouldn’t. Continuous learning! :wink:

2 Likes